A new system update is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Announced via a Nintendo of America twitter post, the Version 4.0.0 update includes several improvements for video capturing and editing, along with new profile icons, transfer options, and new pre-purchase options on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
Going into more detail:
- The capture button can down record 30 seconds video clips in compatible games - quickly pressing the capture button will still snap a screenshot, however now, if you press and briefly hold the button, the last 30 seconds of gameplay will be recorded, and saved to your album, all without interrupting your gaming session.
- Videos and images appears in the order you capture them.
- You can filter your album by Screenshots only, or Videos only.
- The beginning and end of your captured videos can be trimmed, and will automatically be saved as a new video file, without deleting or changing the original.
- Like screenshots, videos can also be posted only to Facebook or Twitter directly from the Nintendo Switch.
- New profile icons featuring characters from the Super Mario Odyssey game and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game.
- Transfer user profiles and save data to another system - additional details for this can be found on the Nintendo Support site.
- Pre-purchase option is available for certain games on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
For instructions on how to update your Nintendo Switch, follow the following steps, courtesy of the Nintendo System Update page:
How to update your Nintendo Switch console
- If your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet, your console will download the update automatically.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll be asked if you’d like to install the update. Be sure to save any game progress before you continue.
- When you’re ready to install the update, choose “update” to install. Your console will restart to complete the update.
The Nintendo Switch version 4.0.0 update is available now.