Developer Square Enix has released the latest DLC chapter for Final Fantasy XV. Episode Prompto has players explore a brand-new storyline from the perspective of the photo-snapping party member from the base game.
*Note: There are spoilers in the above video*
Here’s what the new chapter brings, via a press release:
- A brand-new storyline, where Prompto, lost in the wilderness and battling against the Imperial forces, must find his way home and discover the truth about himself in the process
- Fast-paced, third-person gunplay battles featuring a wide variety of weapons, including basic handguns, sniper rifles, flash grenades, bazookas and more
- A new lightning fast snowmobile vehicle can be driven for taking down enemies and perform death-defying jumps while venturing through the wilderness
- Commodore Aranea Highwind and her mighty lance return to journey alongside Prompto
- Selfie Action – Players will have the ability to take selfies along the way, carrying over Prompto’s Snapshot skill from the main game
A free new update is also available, letting players take the Regalia off-road.
IGN has confirmed that another story DLC – this one focusing on Ignis – will release in December. More content is also planned, like a co-op multiplayer expansion, and a PSVR experience.