Developer SNK has rolled out a new patch for The King of Fighters XIV, the latest entry in their long-standing fighting franchise. Aside from a bevy of mechanical tweaks, it also delivers a significant visual overhaul to the game.
Here’s a rundown of the major changes, via press release:
- Significant graphical improvements for the characters and other aspects
- 2 new color variations per character
- Player can now select characters or teams after each match when using the RANDOM / TEAM RANDOM options on the MEMBER SELECT screen
- On the Button Config screen, the settings for PLAYER 2 can now be saved
- 50 new profile icons added (All icons will be automatically unlocked after the update)
- 100 new Titles added (One title will be unlocked per online match after the update)
- Background Noise Sound Effects in FREE MATCH now include all 16 types (Some controls have changed as a result)
- Minor bug fixes, functionality improvements
You can check out the trailer above for a better look at the graphical tweaks, or check out the screenshots below.
Does this update make you want to boot up the game again? Let us know in the comments below!