Blizzard released a new video, looking back at Overwatch’s milestones throughout its launch year. The video also talks about plans for 2017, with game director Jeff Kaplan going into more detail.
Here’s what’s in store for 2017, itemised courtesy of Destructoid:
- The new map Oasis should be arriving in early 2017.
- More seasonal events are planned, with “some surprises” planned.
- The communication wheel will be customisable, giving you ready access to your favourite voice-lines and emotes.
- Blizzard is looking to “strongly encourage” voice chat in parties. This will be handled with a button prompt.
- New heroes. "We have one hero that I think is very promising. In fact, we've sort of started to move it through our art pipeline, which means we have a higher level of confidence in that than some of our other heroes. But we have some really fun prototypes, also."
- New maps and modes.
- Improvements to spectator modes, and eSports coverage.
- A server browser for custom games.
Do you think you’ll keep up with Oerwatch in 2017? Let us know in the comments below!