Ubisoft have revealed the latest patch notes for The Division, with Dark Zone conflicts looking to be at the top of their priority queue – in the hopes of making the player-versus-player area more palatable to end-game users.
Some of the major changes include:
- Players can now heal other neutral players in the Dark zone, by using First Aid and Support Station skills
- Players are now able to fast travel to Dark Zone checkpoints, but only when coming from outside the Dark Zone
- The Dark Zone disconnect timer has been increased to 30 seconds, meaning players will remain in the game world longer when logging out while in the Dark Zone (this applies while not in combat)
- Items extracted from the Dark Zone are now properly marked as "new" items when moved to the players inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone now drop ammo, medkits and grenades. This loot is generated and not taken from the dying players’ inventory
- Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
- Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
The majority of these fixes seem directed at the criticism the zone has received as of late, with the risk-reward aspect being heavily skewed in favour of not going ‘Rogue’ – a mechanic that rewards players for acting antagonistically towards others, but also places a bounty on their head.
The Division released earlier this month, and has already broken the record for a new franchise’s launch sales – narrowly eclipsing Destiny’s efforts.