According to a tweet on the official Mass Effect twitter account, Bioware will have more information regarding the franchises recently announced addition - Mass Effect Andromeda, before the end of the year.
In the tweet, the studio teases the details by saying, "Back to work for us! See you again at the end of the year. #MEAndromeda"
After inspecting the trailer, and reading the Bioware blog post that accompanied the trailer, here is what we know about the new entry so far:
- The trailer was built in Frostbite, Bioware and Electronic Arts' game engine, it represents their visual target for the final game, that the character featured prominently in the trailer isn't necessarily the main protagonist, and that players will be able to play as male or female.
- It will take place long after the events of the original series, far away in the completely different galaxy of Andromeda.
- That it will feature a wide range of planets, systems and environments for you to explore, including places that appears both familiar - with deserts, forests and mountains, and totally alien - with asteroids, strange wildlife, glowing crystals, fluorescent "water" falls, odd looking plants, seemingly acidic or rusty rivers, molten landscapes, and fire vortexes.
- That “you’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw.”
- "You will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.” With at least two of those possibly being a Krogan and a humanoid.
- That you'll encounter technological races.
- That the player character may be able to use a jet pack that is built into the N7 armor for both environmental navigation and in combat.
More information about Mass Effect: Andromeda is expected before the end of 2015, and the title due for release in the Holiday period of 2016 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.