Activision Teases 'Major Content Release' for Destiny This Spring

Activision Teases 'Major Content Release' for Destiny This Spring

The second of two announced expansions for Destiny comes out later this month, but it looks like Activision will continue to support Bungie's latest shooter beyond that, teasing a "major content release" for spring this year.

Speaking during an Activision Blizzard earnings call (via GameSpot), Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said that the content is being designed to appeal to Destiny newcomers as well as longtime fans of the game.

"We have a very robust content plan for Destiny starting with our second major expansion pack, House of Wolves, and then you'll also see content being dropped throughout the [the Northern Hemisphere's] summer," Hirshberg said.

"And then in the fall we will have a major release, which will be the biggest addition to the Destiny universe yet, across all modes of play. Unfortunately, I don't have more details than that today, but we're confident it's going to be incredibly appealing, not just to our current fans, but also to people who haven't yet joined the Destiny universe; it's going to be that big of an expansion."

This news comes not long after Bungie filed a trademark for something called "The Taken King". The mark is described as being for "downloadable video games via the internet and wireless devices," and includes both the name and this logo:

Bungie previously revealed that they are working on new raid content for Destiny, that will be available later this year. The upcoming House of Wolves expansion, meanwhile, won't have a new raid; instead, its co-op endgame content is focused on a new strike called The Shadow Thief, and the Prison of Elders battle arena.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Thursday 7 May 2015 1:18 PM
Hmmm maybe a story perhaps?

Posted by Kyimo
On Thursday 7 May 2015 1:38 PM
It's most likely the rumored "Comet" content. which is hopefully a REAL expansion pack and not just another over priced map pack.

Posted by predatorhunter
On Thursday 7 May 2015 2:14 PM
but will it be enough to dave this game? or is it to little to late?.

Posted by predatorhunter
On Thursday 7 May 2015 2:15 PM
7 May 2015, 02:14 PM Reply to predatorhunter
but will it be enough to dave this game? or is it to little to late?.
meant save.

oconnomiyaki
Posted by oconnomiyaki
On Thursday 7 May 2015 4:49 PM
I have lived in New Zealand for over 20 years, and when I see Spring I still think March, April, May. :|

On Thursday 7 May 2015 6:01 PM
I aint buying the Comet, I think after HoW's my time will be done. Basically the Dark Below & HoW, and Comet should have been in the original game because there wasnt much to start with and everything was clearly stripped out. Probably why alot of people left Bungie in the months before release, didnt like what was going on.

Posted by Kyimo
On Thursday 7 May 2015 7:21 PM
7 May 2015, 06:01 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
I think after HoW Bungie / Activision will see alot of people leave Destiny.

People are coming back mainly because they got the "expansion pass" with the base game at release.
and from what they have said "5" story missions, imo the biggest mistake they have made is calling these DLC "map packs" Expansions.

i'm going to play HoW, but i highly doubt it will keep me around long enough to suddenly go "omg Comet is comming out in a week" or something.

so sad to see that this is what Bungie has fallen into.

Posted by Darth_Masaroth
On Friday 8 May 2015 11:45 AM
I actually still really enjoy playing destiny just started my third character (titan) I have a lvl 31 warlock & 30 hunter. I will probably keep playing this until comet gets released =)