Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Heading to Consoles This Year

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Heading to Consoles This Year

Following a lengthy period of teasing a new game partnership, Activision and Tony Hawk have officially revealed the next game to star the skateboarding legend: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.

The new game was revealed in the June issue of Game Informer magazine, which also includes a six-page preview. As the name suggests, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is being heralded as a return to the style of the first four Tony Hawk games.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 includes a new set of levels, complete with objectives, missions (including solo and online multiplayer). The online components are described as "seamless", and there's also a level creator that allows custom skate parks to be shared worldwide. Skaters featured in the game include Tony Hawk (of course), as well as Nyjah Huston, Aaron Homoki, Ishod Wair, Riley Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, Chris Cole, David Gonzalez, Leticia Bufoni, and Andrew Reynolds.

Robomodo, the studio behind Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, Tony Hawk: Ride, and Tony Hawk: Shred, is developing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. It comes out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, and on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 shortly thereafter.

Source: Game Informer

Posted by Ubercuber
On Wednesday 6 May 2015 9:21 AM
His expression in that picture is hilarious.

Posted by Relmed
On Wednesday 6 May 2015 9:38 AM
So chilled out, like "Oh, I'm skating, that's cool." I hope this is a true return to what the classics were. THPS2 was my life.

On Wednesday 6 May 2015 12:48 PM
I hope its like THPS2, spent much of my daytime Uni life playing this and Tekken in between lectures against house/hall mates and flatmates, but the questions I have is will it feel the same as the way I remember? have I moved on in the games I like playing now?
Im keen to give a demo a go I think to test the waters out.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Wednesday 6 May 2015 2:07 PM
let us hope this doesnt go the way of the last two Robomodo Tony Hawk games

Posted by Bappernz
On Wednesday 6 May 2015 2:29 PM
Really can't wait to see more of this, loved the first 2 games and am really hoping that this is a similar but updated experience

Posted by birdman
On Thursday 7 May 2015 5:38 PM
Can't say I'm keen at all for this but Skate 4 would be a different story altogether!

Posted by Vicx
On Friday 8 May 2015 6:58 PM
7 May 2015, 05:38 PM Reply to birdman
hell yes, Skate made all the Tony Games obsolete overnight.

Posted by scotteffone
On Sunday 10 May 2015 5:00 PM
6 May 2015, 12:48 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Im keen to give a demo a go I think to test the waters out.
The memory I have playing games with mates is nothing like these days since I don't see them as often and when I do it's not for gaming (well not as much gaming!). Most "social" gaming these days is online (and rare) and is a completely different type of fun to handing a controller over to my friend next to me.

Posted by scotteffone
On Sunday 10 May 2015 5:02 PM
8 May 2015, 06:58 PM Reply to Vicx
hell yes, Skate made all the Tony Games obsolete overnight.
I liked skate but reckong it was something different. Like Dave Mirra, Matt Hoffman etc it got ridiculous but was still fun.