Final Fantasy: Record Keeper Out Now

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper Out Now

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, a mobile RPG celebrating the history of the Final Fantasy series, is now available for Android and iOS in Western regions, including New Zealand.

Record Keeper lets players form a party of characters from across the Final Fantasy franchise, including Tidus, Cloud, Lightning, and plenty of others, and relive memorable moments from various games. It's a combat-driven game, with battles utilising the series' trademark Active Time Battle system, and a range of iconic weapons and abilities available.

This is all framed around a new story, which follows a trainee archivist called Tyro as he explores history through a series of magical paintings, in an effort to find those that have gone missing.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper is free-to-play, with microtransactions in the form of stamina restoration and randomised loot purchases to obtain new equipment. The currency used for these purchases can also be earned in-game, albeit at a slower rate.

Posted by Xenojay
On Friday 27 Mar 2015 9:53 AM
I clicked on this solely for Cloud.

I need to get over FFVII.

LegacyEtheRBOLO
Posted by LegacyEtheRBOLO
On Friday 27 Mar 2015 9:59 AM
27 March 2015, 09:53 AM Reply to Xenojay
I clicked on this solely for Cloud.

I need to get over FFVII.
one does not simply get over FFVII ;)

Serpent_Riders_Dsparil
Posted by Serpent_Riders_Dsparil
On Friday 27 Mar 2015 2:23 PM
27 March 2015, 09:59 AM Reply to LegacyEtheRBOLO
one does not simply get over FFVII ;)
Hope it's not as all the bravest.

Posted by Bank
On Saturday 28 Mar 2015 12:41 AM
ON IT THANKS YO LET'S GO

But - only four days ago... I finally accepted my reroll of Heavenstrike Rivals ---.... which I started when it came out.... a month ago.

I can't even begin to imagine how bad the RNG and rerolls are for a SE game like this (if any??!). Please be gentle on this fruitful F2P achiever :)

Posted by Coddfish
On Saturday 28 Mar 2015 10:15 AM
28 March 2015, 12:41 AM Reply to Bank
ON IT THANKS YO LET'S GO

Honestly, rerolling isn't really worth the effort in this game. You get loot from RNG, not characters, and sure there's some really good loot available, but even basic 3-star stuff (the lowest you get from the gatcha) is more than sufficient.

I played the JP version for a few months after it came out, without spending a cent. It's definitely one of the better-balanced F2P games I've come across. It gets hard in the later stages, but this is more to do with tactics and ability load outs than raw strength.

My only advice is not to spend your gems until you have 50. It can be tempting to buy up relics every time you get 5 gems, but you really don't need them in the early parts of the game, and you'll amass 50 pretty quickly. 5 gems = 1 relic, 50 gems= 11 relics.

Posted by Bappernz
On Saturday 28 Mar 2015 10:30 PM
Really loving this game so far

Posted by robmacd1
On Monday 30 Mar 2015 11:14 AM
27 March 2015, 09:59 AM Reply to LegacyEtheRBOLO
one does not simply get over FFVII ;)
In all honesty, I much preferred Final Fantasy VIII, I did play VIII before VII and that may have something to do with it