Destiny Will Get Free Content Alongside First DLC Pack

Destiny Will Get Free Content Alongside First DLC Pack

Bungie recently revealed details of the first expansion for Destiny, The Dark Below, but they have now confirmed that players who don't purchase the add-on will also get some additional content.

In the latest Bungie Weekly Update, Bungie community manager David "DeeJ" Dague revealed that additional weapons and bounties, and five extra bounty slots, would be available to all players, not just those who purchase The Dark Below.

The three new story missions, Will of Crota strike, Crota's End raid, extra Crucible maps, new Tower vendor, light level cap increase, and new legendary and exotic armour are exclusively available to those who purchase the expansion, however. PlayStation players picking up the expansion will also get a second new strike, The Undying Mind.

The Dark Below comes out on December 9, and will be available both on its own, and in the Expansion Pass, which is already available through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

thegentleman2014
Posted by thegentleman2014
On Tuesday 4 Nov 2014 11:24 AM
Sounds great!
Looking forward to the DLC release. Should hopefully be level 29 by then!

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of content though... especially in regards to the promises they made regarding these expansions "world changes" etc... though it might be to soon to tell and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

The new quest system sounds interesting, Hopefully they give the quests variety and not make it turn into to many fetch quests... happy to hear about the extra vault space, weapons, etc being free for everyone, that's always a plus!

I wonder whether the price will be a turn point for some people. I got the expansion pass through pre-order and I'm using that as a basis on whether or not to buy the other expansion pass.

On Tuesday 4 Nov 2014 11:25 AM
I don't think I'd call that an expansion. Umming and arghing about getting this, it's alot of coin for very little and just really adds a few things to the same grind.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Tuesday 4 Nov 2014 11:30 AM
It's a shame they needed to wait until the DLC and a extra cash drop before realising their story was below average and needed improvements. That's something that should have been realised before release. Good to see they're making improvements though they'll certainly be welcomed.

On Tuesday 4 Nov 2014 12:00 PM
4 November 2014, 11:25 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
You mean you may not lead nightwhawk into the pits of the next raid???

Honestly if I didn't get the limited edition I probably wouldn't be getting the DLC.

Posted by Romulus
On Tuesday 4 Nov 2014 12:29 PM
I didn't see the mention of the "new Tower vendor" in the previous article.

It will be interesting to see what they are selling!

Posted by guido
On Thursday 6 Nov 2014 4:27 PM
I'm still undecided on this?! I want new content but this "expansion" doesn't really expand the game world much if at all?! I mean an expansion should expand, introduce new realms, factions, add to the lore, something?!?

I think the DLC is still pretty good value but it is just DLC and not an expansion. Compare to Borderlands "DLC" which added whole new areas, enemies, quest lines etc.