Destiny's Iron Banner Event Now Open

Destiny's Iron Banner Event Now Open

Bungie has kicked off the Iron Banner event in Destiny today, letting players go up against each other in the game's competitive arenas with full level advantages enabled.

Under normal circumstances, player-vs-player content in Destiny has stat bonuses from gear and character level disabled in an effort to create a sense of balance. However, for the next week, players can opt to take part in the Iron Banner PVP playlist, in which character stats count.

The event runs from today until October 14. Taking part will earn you Iron Banner reputation, which will unlock new legendary gear for purchase as a reward.

Source: Bungie

Posted by LukeB
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 1:56 PM
Just hit Rank 1, can't wait to play a little 6v6 with a full 6-man fireteam all communicating with each other later tonight :D

On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 2:04 PM
Awesome, time to find out just how sh*t at destiny I really am.

On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 2:06 PM
Didn't feel any different to normal crucible tbh. In fact I got pwnd less lol

DragonFury88
Posted by DragonFury88
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 2:58 PM
is the matchmaking better? If someone under level 20 matches against someone with Max raid gear, there may be a problem...

Posted by LukeB
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 3:33 PM
The Iron Banner is more about working as a pure team with communication possible between all the players with no item barriers. If you weapon is awesome, it's awesome. Pure skill and luck can still beat those weapons and armors, but they do help with inflicting and taking damage.

Honestly though, the best part about it is the 6-man fireteam, makes life SO! much easier.

Posted by ModifiedSoul
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 3:39 PM
the only difference i noticed is my Powers were popping faster (at least it felt like they were)
there were flames everywhere
inside the Zones, outside the Zones,
inside the enemy bubble shields, outside the enemy bubble shields.

still didnt stop me from dying but my Postmortem medals sure shot up

Posted by tom_nz
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 3:51 PM
Hmmmm, take time out of Forza Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 to get my ass handed to me? The thing is I'll probably be the one who gets decent gear out of it. Thank you broken rewards system! :D

Seraphim
Posted by Seraphim
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 4:02 PM
8 October 2014, 02:06 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Didn't feel any different to normal crucible tbh. In fact I got pwnd less lol
Pretty much this, except I'm pwning more lol. It kinda seems like the big PVE guys who have been grinding away getting the best gear have come to try PVP and don't really knowing how to cope.

Posted by predatorhunter
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 5:59 PM
Could make it very unbalanced.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Wednesday 8 Oct 2014 7:10 PM
I breezed through level 1 in under 2 hours early hours this morning. I found the matches about the same for me and my aggressive play style. About half the time I was getting owned usually by the same 2 guys the other half maybe the other guys were down some levels on us as I was the one doing the owning.if I can get to level 2 maybe I'll finally get my legendary helmet.