New Bloodborne Details to be Revealed at Tokyo Game Show

New Bloodborne Details to be Revealed at Tokyo Game Show

Tokyo Game Show (TGS)  2014 is just a few days away, and Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and From Software are teasing new information for Bloodborne, a spiritual successor to From Software's popular Dark Souls series that's exclusive to PlayStation 4.

Sony and From Software have launched a countdown on the game's official website until Saturday, September 20, the first public day of TGS (the first two days are for business and media only), at which point the Japanese public will get their first hands-on opportunity with the game. The demo build being shown at TGS will include some new, never-before-seen weapons.

Of more relevance to those not attending the show, the developers will reveal some new details about the game on September 20, and in the days following. Not a great deal is known about Bloodborne at this stage, beyond the fact that it is very similar to Dark Souls in terms of mechanics and tone, and will be available in 2015 - February 5 in Japan, and on an unannounced date elsewhere.

Source: Bloodborne News

Posted by Jono91
On Tuesday 16 Sep 2014 9:29 AM
This game does look good! But hasn't quite captured my full attention yet. Maybe this upcoming announcement will help.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Tuesday 16 Sep 2014 11:22 AM
Super excited for TGS. Hoping for some Kingdom Hearts III info.

On Tuesday 16 Sep 2014 1:22 PM
Wonder whats different from all the Souls games apart from the change in scenery and the fact I havent seen souls dropping from killed mobs in the gameplay. Looking forward to the details.

Posted by fatbot
On Tuesday 16 Sep 2014 7:53 PM
16 September 2014, 01:22 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
I'm looking forward to this too. From what I've heard, the pace is a bit faster than their previous games. I don't think you'll even have the option of using a shield either, focusing more on dodging and rushing the enemy rather than a timely stand off

On Wednesday 17 Sep 2014 5:09 PM
16 September 2014, 07:53 PM Reply to fatbot
Yeh I got that impression from the gameplay and commentary. Sounds cool. Think Ive got too used to sword and shield in Darks Souls 2. Will probably get crushed in this till I get used to the enemies and dodging again like I did in Demon Souls.

Posted by Bappernz
On Thursday 18 Sep 2014 6:25 AM
can't wait to see what they have in store for us

Posted by reavers
On Thursday 18 Sep 2014 10:15 AM
Out of curiosity if this is the 'spiritual successor' to Dark Souls, does that make Dark Souls 2 different? It's not from a different company, so what makes it less of a successor to the original?

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 18 Sep 2014 1:56 PM
18 September 2014, 10:15 AM Reply to reavers
It's a different IP - different world, different characters, different story, etc - that as far as I know, is owned by Sony. However, it draws heavily on the Souls games in terms of mechanics, tone, and themes, to the point that it just as well have been "Dark Souls III." Thus, it's not a sequel in a literal sense, but it's still designed to appeal to Souls fans in the way that a sequel would. Hence, "spiritual sequel."