Sony Squashes The Last of Us Rumour

Sony Squashes The Last of Us Rumour

Sony has come out and said speculation that the remastered version of its hit survival horror game, The Last of Us, is not coming out on June 13 as tweeted by a British games retailer.

The Remastered version will have higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, and will run natively at a 1080p resolution. Neil Druckmann, creative director for The Last of Us, has indicated that they are also targeting a 60 FPS frame rate.

The Last of Us Remastered will come with the singleplayer story DLC Left Behind, as well as the Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories map packs. Additionally, there will be an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Druckmann and voice actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

In the tweet, the retailer said the updated PS4 version of TLOU was out next week. The date has since been removed and a Sony spokesman told Gamespot: "As we’ve announced, The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 will release this Summer. We will keep you posted on an official release date."

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Wednesday 4 Jun 2014 3:07 PM
A while back, mighty ape had the release date for August and I guess that still falls in summer for the northern hemisphere.

Posted by scotteffone
On Wednesday 4 Jun 2014 3:22 PM
I have to be honest, I'm not a fan of "remasters" - Especially for a game less than a year old.

I still go back and play Colin McRae Rally, Sonic 1 and 2, FF VIII plus others on their respective consoles and it's the nostalgic value and fun I'm playing for. Improved textures and shadows don't interest me and would change how the game feels.

DLC is ok but that's standard anyway these days although I personally have never purchased any packs.

Posted by piratemonkey
On Wednesday 4 Jun 2014 8:58 PM
"director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics "
Is this a new thing?
it had to happen eventually i suppose
Not sure who is Playing with Directors Commentary on ..same folk who watch that 2nd DVD of special features i guess

Posted by tuftsdude
On Wednesday 4 Jun 2014 10:54 PM
4 June 2014, 08:58 PM Reply to piratemonkey
"director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics "
Is this a new thing?
it had to happen eventually i suppose
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut had had heapss of commentary stuffs.

Glad I played TLOU last gen. Good game.

Discordia
Posted by Discordia
On Thursday 5 Jun 2014 1:03 PM
I haven't bothered with this game yet (although there is nothing stopping me and at no cost, other than time).

I may pick it up, but we will see.

Posted by kiwiatlarge
On Thursday 5 Jun 2014 7:45 PM
4 June 2014, 08:58 PM Reply to piratemonkey
"director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics "
Is this a new thing?
it had to happen eventually i suppose
Scarily enough I listened to all 4 commentary sessions of all 3 Lord of the Rings movies.... good time to get other odds n sods done at the same time... It would be fair to say the last couple of viewings were more listening to the commentary than watching the TV..

Posted by Buckchoi
On Friday 6 Jun 2014 11:17 PM
Based on Bruce Straley's tweet I guess they're probably saving the announcement for E3.