Naughty Dog has revealed that the final piece of downloadable content (DLC) included in the Season Pass for the Last of Us, Grounded, will launch globally in the week starting May 5.
Naughty Dog made the announcement this weekend on Twitter. Though no specific date was given, May 8th is most likely for New Zealand-based players, as the PlayStation Network store updates on a weekly basis on Thursday mornings.
The pack includes a new difficulty for the singleplayer campaign, in which "survival will be near impossible" due to "relentless, smart, and brutal" artificial intelligence.
Grounded also includes the Reclaimed Territories map pack, which introduces four new multiplayer maps - Wharf, Capitol, Coal Mine, and Water Tower. On top of that, four new weapons will be included as part of the Survivalist Weapon Bundle and eight new survival skills will make up two Survival Skill bundles, all of which are included in Grounded.
Finally, the update will introduce the new Full-Auto Rifle to everyone for free, even those who do not own the season pass.
The full details, courtesy of PlayStation Blog:
Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
- Wharf: Set in the rusted-out docks where Joel encountered Robert, the Wharf map features close quarters gameplay, two snipers nests, and a giant boat. It’s full of good opportunities for climbing, flanking and stealth.
- Capitol: Set in Boston, the Capitol Map features indoor and outdoor gameplay. It encourages the intelligent use of flanking.
- Coal Mine: Set in Colorado, Coal Mine is a winter map that is spotted with abandoned buildings. It’s a spacious map that has long lines of sight and a bridge that’s a perfect perch for snipers. The dynamic snowstorm obscures the view so be on your toes.
- Water Tower: Set in Lincoln, PA, the Water Tower map features two primary chokepoints for some deadly face-to-face confrontations. It’s mainly an outdoor map with a few indoor areas and some very unique lighting. It might seem open but it’s really a tight map that’s perfect for close quarters melee.
Survivalist Weapon Bundle
- Specter: A silenced assault rifle that’s great if your style is stealth stalker. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Double Barrel: Classic, deadly, double-barrel shotgun. Only 1 loadout point. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Enforcer: Highly accurate pistol but will cost you an extra loadout point.
- Launcher: A weapon that fires small explosives, in the vein of a home-made potato gun. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
Situational Survival Skills Bundle
- Agility: Climb, vault, and move while crouching faster than you could before. At level 3 you are nearly impossible to hear while moving.
- Awareness: See enemy nametags before they see yours and enemy nametags remain on screen for several seconds when taking fire.
- Fortitude: Downed? Level up this skill and it will help you survive longer as you’ll take longer to bleed out, crawl faster, and have more health when downed. At higher levels you’ll start with an extra health pack, and earn extra parts each time you heal.
- Scavenger: Automatically pick up ammo and supplies and see increases in drops from enemies with this valuable skill. At level 3 enemies sometimes drop a random crafting ingredient.
Professional Survival Skills Bundle
- Gunslinger: Equip this skill to start each spawn with more pistol ammo as you level up the skill.
- Bomb Expert: Your bombs will explode more quickly and you’ll be immune to the stun of your own smoke bomb as you level up this skill.
- Executioner: If your play style is the higher the risk, the greater the reward then this is the skill you want. Earn more parts for shiv kills and special executions, and get extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv.
- Damage Marker: Good at hitting your targets? This is the skill for you as you’ll automatically mark any enemies you hit and earn double the parts for making.
Grounded will be the last DLC pack included in the Season Pass, which will be available until May 13 and costs $37.95.