The Last of Us Remastered Confirmed for PS4

The Last of Us Remastered Confirmed for PS4

Naughty Dog has confirmed that The Last of Us will be coming to PlayStation 4 this winter, under the title The Last of Us Remastered.

Rumours about a PS4 version of Naughty Dog's critically acclaimed game have been circulating since last month, when PlayStation Eurasian Software Market Manager Sercan Sulun leaked the news on a Turkish TV program. However, Sony refused to comment at the time, saying that nothing had been announced.

The Remastered version will have higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, and will run natively at a 1080p resolution. Neil Druckmann, creative director for The Last of Us, has indicated that they are also targeting a 60 FPS frame rate.

The Last of Us Remastered will come with the singleplayer story DLC Left Behind, as well as the Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories map packs. Additionally, there will be an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Druckmann and voice actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

A winter release window is planned for The Last of Us Remastered, and it will be a full price game (US$59.99.) Sony have not announced any kind of upgrade offer for those who own the game on PlayStation 3.

Source: PlayStation Blog US

Cheers to thetechnition20 for the news tip! Enjoy your VIP points!

On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 8:55 AM
Ill wait to see footage before I get too excited. I love this game but if isn't a big step up ill just keep my ps3 version.

Posted by ALK3MiST
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 9:03 AM
be cool if they did an uprade deal for it, but yea if it isn't a significant difference i'll just stick with the original.

Posted by piratemonkey
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 9:09 AM
Finally a game I'm interested in comes to a next gen console .. Possibly a decider for me

Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 9:36 AM
Graphical upgrades aside, it would be great if they can utilise the PS4's superior processing power to upgrade the companion AI so that they do not run around in front of enemies like headless chocks, I remember finding that to be a little out of sync in an otherwise outstanding game.

DragonFury88
Posted by DragonFury88
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 9:51 AM
This is Playstation's Ace up their sleeve. #4TheGamers

Posted by Jakted
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 10:03 AM
Hell Yeah!!

rocketman12
Posted by rocketman12
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 10:07 AM
I really enjoyed the Ps 3 version of this game and I am looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out. As for the remastered version for Ps 4, I would like to see a comparison before I commit to a purchase.

Posted by supabowl
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 10:19 AM
Still have my ps3 version so don't know if ill get this straight away, but it would be nice to play the DLC. Will see what the price is and maybe wait for it to drop some

Posted by siamese
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 10:53 AM
I'll most likely pick this up for my second playthrough of the main game and my first of the Left Behind DLC.

I'm not usually a double dipper but for this game I'm pretty tempted, especially if they do an awesome job upspec'ing it to PS4 capabilities.

Posted by nimrod76
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 12:21 PM
Graphical upgrade aside I'll be getting this regardless, really want to play it again and I'll be able to play the Left Behind DLC. Really pleased ND/Sony have chosen to release it on PS4.

Posted by Jonathan-OverWorld
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 12:42 PM
Never played the PS3 one so this has me interested, something to play on PS4!

Posted by Goonertron
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 2:48 PM
10 April 2014, 09:36 AM Reply to KatalystaKaos
You mean that initial gameplay demo was a fake?

Posted by reavers
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 4:21 PM
WOuld like to see the PS4/PS3 difference and might help influence me to finally get a PS4 :D

Kiwi08
Posted by Kiwi08
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 8:32 PM
Haven't gotten round to playing this yet so I'm keen to get it when I get a PS4.

grieving
Posted by grieving
On Thursday 10 Apr 2014 9:36 PM
10 April 2014, 09:36 AM Reply to KatalystaKaos
The way they've done it is the lesser of two evils, it's no problem for me as it doesn't affect me in any way.

Sam
Posted by Sam
On Friday 11 Apr 2014 5:59 AM
Awesome, never managed to get the ps3 version before I upgraded, so I am pumped about this

Posted by ModifiedSoul
On Friday 11 Apr 2014 1:07 PM
selling PS3 version and picking up this one because i still havnt grabbed Left Behind so win for me

On Saturday 12 Apr 2014 12:38 PM
Makes me glad to be probably the only person who didn't buy/play this yet.
Ill pick it up on ps4 :)

Posted by Bappernz
On Tuesday 22 Apr 2014 3:06 AM
glad i waited and didn't buy this might pick up the new version