PS4, Xbox One, and PC Let Witcher 3 Developer "Go Nuts" with Visuals

PS4, Xbox One, and PC Let Witcher 3 Developer

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developers CD Projekt Red can "go nuts in terms of visuals," the company's global head of marketing Tomasz Jarzębowski has told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"Because we are developing the game for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC, we go nuts in terms of visuals. We want the game to look as beautiful as possible," Jarzębowski said. "I think we are in a good moment, we don't have to choose between better graphics or performance on either PC or consoles now, we can just create the best looking game possible."

CD Projekt Red CEO Marcin Iwinski has previously said that The Witcher 3 is "fairly close" to maxing out the power of new-generation consoles, but Jarzębowski was reluctant to mirror those comments.  "If it maxes out the consoles? Well, the future will tell. There are games that are being released for current-gen that look way better than everything created so far. We are always getting wiser and wiser, so I expect our next game will look even better."

The Witcher 3 was originally due to release in 2014, but was delayed until next year to give the developers time to polish the game.

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 5:14 PM
The game visuals do look amazing, can't wait to play it.

Posted by ALK3MiST
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 5:20 PM
this must be a developers wet dream but sheesh, maxing out the new consoles? i can't wait and looking forward to nothing less than greatness

Posted by cortez72
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 5:53 PM
The 'maxing out' talk is bold, given in the PS3/Xbox360 gen early games claimed to push the machines to their limits, only for more visual spectacles to be created towards the end of the consoles life.

They always find a way to make graphic detail more economic as the life of the machine continues.

But all of this jibber jabber is meaningless, given the outcome of this news being Witcher 3 will look even more awesome. Can't wait.

Posted by Timzone
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 7:20 PM
Just hurry up 2015 already

Posted by Seraphim
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 7:45 PM
Good news for everyone. No doubt other developers will also be stepping up in terms of game performance on the new-gen.

Posted by OriginalSin
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 8:10 PM
I think we're finally nearing the stage where dumbed down console versions and sh*tty ports will be a thing of the past.

Posted by Bappernz
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 11:55 PM
this should be one of the best games of next year, especially now that they have more time to polish

reavers
Posted by reavers
On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 12:07 AM
Witcher 3 is one of my most wanted games along with a few others like FFXV

Posted by Goonertron
On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 1:35 AM
I love RPGs, they are pretty much the only single player games that really consume me these days and last year there was NOTHING that appealed to me in that genre this and Dragon Age 3 can't come soon enough.

Littlelah
Posted by Littlelah
On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 8:44 AM
To many delays in new gen games!!

Posted by guido
On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 9:29 AM
I can't wait to see this game in action! I'm sure this gen will get closer to maxing out the hardware much more quickly than last gen because the hardware is less complex / more similar across all the platforms and the dev tools are more mature but there's no way we'll see the best this gen has to offer as early as next year!

On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 10:37 AM
One of 3 games I have already pre-ordered, for my PS4 that I don't even own yet lol

Posted by tuftsdude
On Tuesday 1 Apr 2014 4:17 PM
Everytime I see that this game is delayed, my face goes from --> :D ---> to ---> D;

Posted by Locky
On Sunday 6 Apr 2014 6:42 PM
Hope they're going to put as much work in to frame rates as they do graphics