New Zealand PlayStation 4 Release Confirmed as November 29

By: Shaun Hunter
Published: Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 8:34 AM

New Zealand PlayStation 4 Release Confirmed as November 29

NZGamer.com is able to confirm this morning that the PlayStation 4 will be released in New Zealand on November 29.

As detailed on the official NZ PlayStation website, "PlayStation gave gamers what they wanted at gamescom 2013 by announcing when PS4 will be hitting stores along with a lower price for both PS3 and PS Vita. PS4 will be out in New Zealand from 29 November 2013."

Sony are trumpteting the PlayStation 4 as the best place to play, with "dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, plus innovative second-screen features. Combining unparalleled content, immersive gaming experiences, all of your favourite digital entertainment apps and PlayStation exclusives, the PS4 system focuses on the gamer."

The PlayStation 4 will go on sale at a recommended retail price of $649.00.

More You May Like

Comments (25)

You must be logged in to post comments.

or Register now!
jub-jub
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 8:45 AM Posted by jub-jub NZGamer.com VIP
Very cool, soon than I expected!

This comment has been promoted by the community.
Romulus
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 8:55 AM Posted by Romulus NZGamer.com VIP
Oooooorah! I know what I want for Christmas!

Jono91
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 8:56 AM Posted by Jono91
Awesome news, a week earlier than expected! Super stoked now!

Coddfish
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:00 AM Posted by Coddfish NZGamer.com VIP
Awesome.

And a reduced price for Vita? More awesome.

Sam
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:01 AM Posted by Sam NZGamer.com VIP
Awesome, can't wait for this. Day after thesis hand in what an awesome coincidence

Ron
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:16 AM Posted by Ron NZGamer.com VIP
Your move Xbox One!

sick_wierdo
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:27 AM Posted by sick_wierdo
I feel sickness coming on about November 29th, I may have to take a week off work...

fifamessi
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:30 AM Posted by fifamessi NZGamer.com VIP
Great to see us not get delayed half a year like with the ps3. Exciting times!

Phoenix
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:30 AM Posted by Phoenix NZGamer.com VIP
Damnit, I have a big project due on the first weekend of December. I guess this shall be the reward!

Timzone
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 10:49 AM Posted by Timzone NZGamer.com VIP
Later than I hoped but still an excellent effort from Sony.

CloudAxel16
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 1:27 PM Posted by CloudAxel16 NZGamer.com VIP
Ah man, I should have pre-ordered. :(

piratemonkey
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 1:38 PM Posted by piratemonkey NZGamer.com VIP
I think I'll end up waiting until sometime in the new year.. At least I will avoid the inevitable teething issues

Khaos_Kiwi
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 2:01 PM Posted by Khaos_Kiwi NZGamer.com VIP
Noooooooo! I just realised I graduate on Nov 29th! What am I going to do??

jtbthatsme
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 2:49 PM Posted by jtbthatsme NZGamer.com VIP
21 August 2013, 02:01 PM Reply to Khaos_Kiwi
Noooooooo! I just realised I graduate on Nov 29th! What am I going to do??
I believe you'll be partying with your new consle lol.

Silvon
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 2:51 PM Posted by Silvon NZGamer.com VIP
So glad we're getting this without too much of a delay from NA, super exciting news!

Seance
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 9:00 PM Posted by Seance
Sweet not long now till it's under my television.

SpawnSeekSlay
On Wednesday 21 Aug 2013 10:57 PM Posted by SpawnSeekSlay NZGamer.com VIP
All good, so by the time I buy one after xmas in the first quarter of the year, all the bugs should be ironed out and all systems go go go.

wharekura
On Thursday 22 Aug 2013 8:00 AM Posted by wharekura
21 August 2013, 09:27 AM Reply to sick_wierdo
i dont think Microsoft NZ will let u take the day off

This comment has been down-voted by the community.
cortez72
On Thursday 22 Aug 2013 10:18 AM Posted by cortez72 NZGamer.com VIP
Just shut up and take my money Sony!

KiwiViper85
On Thursday 22 Aug 2013 10:47 AM Posted by KiwiViper85
Pretty cool that it comes out on a friday. There will be plenty of sleepless weekends I think

Spidey
On Thursday 22 Aug 2013 1:22 PM Posted by Spidey
Good planning by Sony here, the cost is just low enough to be a middle class family christmas present.

atipuss
On Friday 23 Aug 2013 9:33 AM Posted by atipuss NZGamer.com VIP
Xmas 2013! Good times ahead :D

davidwtaylornz
On Saturday 24 Aug 2013 10:04 PM Posted by davidwtaylornz
21 August 2013, 10:57 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
You obviously mean hardware bugs. If there are any they will exist in a console u buy in the first quarter of 2014 anyway as it will be in the same manufacturing cycle so u may as well buy one day one!

mon1tav
On Monday 2 Sep 2013 5:16 PM Posted by mon1tav
can i trade in my ps3 for a ps4??

Timzone
On Sunday 22 Sep 2013 3:37 PM Posted by Timzone NZGamer.com VIP
68 more days and counting!