PlayStation Memories Sale Expands to Include PS2 Games

PlayStation Memories Sale Expands to Include PS2 Games

The PlayStation Memories sale, which launched two weeks ago with 24 discounted PS1 titles, is expanding this week to include games from the PlayStation 2 era - including some recent HD remasters of games that originally appeared on the platform.

The list:

PlayStation Plus owners, once again, are entitled to a further 10% discount on the prices listed above.

*Twisted Metal Black, listed as part of the promotion on the PlayStation Blog, does not appear to be discounted (yet?)

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 12:26 PM
So none of the games featured on the banner for the promotion are included? Or is that just a generic PS2 banner?

Posted by twisterjamz
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 12:26 PM
Nothing for me in that list, if they had Kingdom Heart 1 and 2 I would definitely be getting those

phantom
Posted by phantom
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 12:32 PM
11 July 2013, 12:26 PM Reply to Coddfish
Not so far; that's the image on the blog post. Maybe they'll expand it next week?

Posted by woollywol
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 2:26 PM
I'll grab Okami HD. Otherwise ... yea, Kingdom Hearts would've got my heart racing :)

panicbuster
Posted by panicbuster
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 4:10 PM
Think I'll grab God Hand, Okami and maybe Shinobi. Weird sale though. Bar MGS and maybe twisted metal, there isn't a whole lot I would consider definitive of the ps2 era either...

phantom
Posted by phantom
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 4:42 PM
I think God Hand deserves a look; it was largely ignored when it released so many people may have missed it, but it's very highly regarded amongst fans of the "brawler" genre. The last game out of Clover Studio (Okami, Viewtiful Joe) it's also a pretty interesting piece of history, albeit one that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth if you remember that great studio :<

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 7:00 PM
11 July 2013, 04:10 PM Reply to panicbuster
I actually really rate the PS2 Shinobi reboot - beating that game on Expert is still one of my proudest gaming achievements.

I may pick up Maximo, I've heard good things about it and it sounds like fun.

sick_wierdo
Posted by sick_wierdo
On Saturday 13 Jul 2013 2:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is a PS3 game???

sick_wierdo
Posted by sick_wierdo
On Saturday 13 Jul 2013 2:33 PM
Picked up Okami HD when it was free on PS+, highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it, it's a very unique game, really well done.

Posted by that_black_guy
On Monday 15 Jul 2013 3:51 PM
11 July 2013, 04:42 PM Reply to phantom
I took a punt and grabbed it... I do remember it being widely praised when it was released, but never had the oppurtunity to have a go at it back then. So far, money well spent. Very odd dialouge though... even for a Japanese game