Prince of Persia News Coming Next Week

By: Alan Bell
Published: Saturday 29 Jun 2013 10:16 AM

Prince of Persia News Coming Next Week

The Prince of Persia (Games/Toys) page on Facebook, a page Ubisoft use to update Facebook fans about Prince of Persia games, has been updated overnight with a tantalizing message:

Get ready for some news about Prince of Persia, starting next week...

The franchise, while active on mobile and tablet devices, has been dormant on consoles since the release of The Forgotten Sands in 2010. Exactly what this is referring to is obviously as yet unclear, however speculation among online fans is already well under way.

More You May Like

Comments (15)

You must be logged in to post comments.

or Register now!
twisterjamz NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 12:01 PM Posted by twisterjamz
Probably gonna be a next gen Prince Of Persia which would be awesome, I actually really enjoyed Forgotten Sands

ALK3MiST NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 2:08 PM Posted by ALK3MiST
i hope they make a really dark prince. would really pop with nex gen graphics

KatalystaKaos NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 5:05 PM Posted by KatalystaKaos
Are my partner & I the only ones that enjoyed the reboot they did prior to PoP:TFS? Guess that's one storyline that will forever remain unfinished.

Well its good to read the Prince will be making a return, perhaps Ubisoft are thinking of something along the lines of alternate yearly releases with this and AC?

phantom
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 8:52 PM Posted by phantom
29 June 2013, 05:05 PM Reply to KatalystaKaos

You're not alone; my wife and I also loved that game (assuming you mean "Prince of Persia (2008)"). It was pretty controversial, though.

ZombieRawkMachine NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 9:44 PM Posted by ZombieRawkMachine
Loved me 2008 and haven't really been fond of any of the others. 2008 had a great story and a brilliant ending, even the DS game had a pretty good story to follow on from.

KatalystaKaos NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Saturday 29 Jun 2013 10:11 PM Posted by KatalystaKaos
29 June 2013, 09:44 PM Reply to ZombieRawkMachine
Yeah though about picking up the DS game but not really the same, two of us huddled over a little hand-held. S'pose would be cosy on these cold wintery nights!!

Winger Gee NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Sunday 30 Jun 2013 9:53 AM Posted by Winger Gee
Recently completed the PS3 trilogy- although dated they became exceptional fun, Will look forward to more news. So many games...so little time.

Coddfish NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Sunday 30 Jun 2013 11:35 AM Posted by Coddfish
I did rather enjoy PoP (2008), although I fear that nothing will ever reach Sands of Time's lofty heights again. Forgotten Sands was good, but I wish they'd give this Prince a rest, he's gotten incredibly annoying :/

Kegz NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
On Sunday 30 Jun 2013 7:15 PM Posted by Kegz
I'd quite like a sandbox PoP game. Along the lines of the AC world but obviously set in the PoP "universe".

Coddfish NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Sunday 30 Jun 2013 8:40 PM Posted by Coddfish
30 June 2013, 07:15 PM Reply to Kegz
That would be awesome. Holy crap, that would be awesome.

Ubercuber NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
On Sunday 30 Jun 2013 10:36 PM Posted by Ubercuber
PoP 08 was awesome. And Forgotten Sands was pretty good as a rental.

Seraphim NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 1 Jul 2013 12:23 AM Posted by Seraphim
I enjoyed the 08 one but preferred the original trilogy.

That AC like PoP game idea would be epic.

nimrod76 NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
On Monday 1 Jul 2013 7:59 AM Posted by nimrod76
2008 was fantastic, I loved every second of it. I even bought the DLC.

Looking forward to news on a new PoP, a follow on to 2008 would be great but very unlikely. If they don't try to fix the formula we should have another great game on our hands.

OrkMischief NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 1 Jul 2013 9:43 AM Posted by OrkMischief
29 June 2013, 08:52 PM Reply to phantom
I too absolutely loved that game, I bought it on both 360 and PS3. I would love a follow up with similar gameplay but I reckon it will be in a more serious direction like everything else seems to be in gaming today.

kiwibadboy NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 1 Jul 2013 7:12 PM Posted by kiwibadboy
Loved The Forgotten Sands and Sands of Time! Sooo excited for this! Come on Ubisoft we've waited too long!