Wellington's PikPok have announced the arrival of their latest game, Turbo Racing League. The game is inspired by DreamWorks Animation's upcoming film Turbo about a snail who gains super-speed.
DreamWorks are also running a $1,000,000 'Shell-Out Contest', only eligible for those in the United States.
Players can rocket to the finish line like shell on wheels as they drift around corners, perform crazy stunts, collect tomatoes and grind rails to earn performance upgrades and improve their race times.
"Turbo Racing League perfectly captures the high-octane excitement of the film, and players of all skill levels will love the detail and depth that went into creating this addictive racing game," said DreamWorks Animation Head of Global Interactive Chris Hewish.
The Turbo Racing League App features:
- Nine Unique Race Tracks to Test Your Skills
- Special Race Events: Time Trials, Limited Fuel, Slalom and Rival Races
- Thousands of Performance and Design Combinations: Shell Upgrades, New Paint Jobs and Neon Glows
- Leaderboards highlighting how you rank against your friends and all the top players
- Ability to record your greatest race moments, watch on instant replay and share with your friends
- Optional Facebook and Twitter posting to show off your pimped-out Shell and best scores
Racing into theaters from Twentieth Century Fox on July 17, Turbo is a high-velocity 3D comedy about a snail who dares to dream big - and fast. After a freak accident infuses him with the power of super-speed, Turbo kicks into overdrive and embarks on an extraordinary journey to achieve the seemingly impossible: competing in the world's fastest race. With the help of his tricked-out streetwise snail crew, this ultimate underdog puts his heart and shell on the line to prove that no dream is too big, and no dreamer too small.
Turbo Racing League is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8.