Diablo III - "We're not quite there yet"

By: Alan Bell
Published: Friday 20 Jan 2012 5:20 PM

In addressing fan feedback of the current status of Diablo III's development, which many have suggested is already in a "shippable" state, Game Director Jay Wilson has reiterated Blizzard's long-standing policy that it will ship "when it's done".

Over on the Diablo III blog, Jay pointed out that "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great", before adding words that suggest the recently announced delay might be longer than anticipated:

"We trust in our ability to put out a great game, but we're not quite there yet. In addition to finishing and polishing the content of the game we're continuing to iterate on some of the core game systems."

So what are they working on? Pretty major stuff, actually - the list includes:

• Crafting
• Items
• Core attributes
• Inventory

A fairly significant change, for example, is that Scrolls of Idenfication - a staple of the game since the first Diablo - are no longer required. Instead, when players find loot that is "Unidentified", they simply right-click it to (after a short cast-time) identify the item themselves.

If you're interested in what else the team has up their sleeves, be sure to check out the blog post where a number of other changes (including some very significant ones) are detailed.

More You May Like

Comments (6)

You must be logged in to post comments.

or Register now!
Satoris100
On Friday 20 Jan 2012 10:56 PM Posted by Satoris100
as much as i love games from blizzard, i think they delay their games a bit too much

Streetlight
On Friday 20 Jan 2012 11:41 PM Posted by Streetlight NZGamer.com VIP
Well I've waited this long, if its going to make the gamer better I can wait a bit longer.

Kegz
On Saturday 21 Jan 2012 5:29 PM Posted by Kegz NZGamer.com VIP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually, that's fine, by the time it comes out I'll need an updated/new computer anyway XD

mandingo
On Monday 23 Jan 2012 12:20 AM Posted by mandingo
21 January 2012, 05:29 PM Reply to Kegz
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I dont think so, graphics look a few years old to me.

OriginalSin
On Monday 23 Jan 2012 10:25 AM Posted by OriginalSin NZGamer.com VIP
What's another month or ten......

Streetlight
On Tuesday 24 Jan 2012 1:58 AM Posted by Streetlight NZGamer.com VIP
23 January 2012, 10:25 AM Reply to OriginalSin
What's another month or ten......
As long as it comes out by july its all good with me (because that's when I'm building my new comp).