While it's not clear when the patch will become available, Mario has confirmed some details around what it will (and will not) attempt to address:
• It will not add set-plays
• It may address an issue some players have reported where passes intended for the playmaker go to a different player (like a forward)
• It may change the online mode to allow unranked matches with teams that have different stats (currently, stats are normalized for ranked matches)
• The offload-o-rama situation is being investigated
• There are no changes planned for the US team. The current lineup has players out of position, like a flanker on the wing - however this is how the US team supplied and approved the team
While Sidhe can't confirm when the patch will be made available, it is planned to be released in the next few "weeks", rather than "months". The publisher, HES, are only committed (at this stage) to this one patch. That doesn't rule out other patches, however no more are currently planned.
We'll keep a close eye on the situation and bring you more details as they come to hand in the coming days and weeks. In the meantime, if there's something about the game that's bugging you, be sure to let us know in the comments. Sidhe keep a close eye on user comments here on NZGamer.com, so by bringing your issues to their attention here, there's a greater chance that they'll look at addressing it for an upcoming patch.