Take Two Interactive scored a coup in the US for the month of June, taking out the top two spots in the lucrative US market. L.A. Noire, released in May, took out the top spot (with 419,000 units sold), while Duke Nukem Forever, despite significant critical disapproval, managed a respectable showing (376,300) to pip inFAMOUS 2 (369,200) at the post and come in second.
The full list:
1. L.A. Noire (Take Two Interactive - 360, PS3)
2. Duke Nukem Forever (Take Two Interactive - 360, PS3, PC)
3. Infamous 2 (Sony - PS3)
4. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive - all systems)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo - 3DS)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision - 360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
7. NBA 2K11 (Take Two Interactive -360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC)
8. Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros. Interactive - PS3, 360)
9. Cars 2 (Disney Interactive - NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
10. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft - Wii)
The Xbox 360 marked up a new milestone, hitting a year on the trot at the top of the table. It outsold all of its competition, shifting a whopping 507,000 consoles in the month of June.
It broke down something like this:
• Xbox 360 - 507,000
• DS - 386,000
• PS3 - 275,000 (estimated)
• Wii - 273,000
• 3DS - 143,000
Big-sounding numbers aside, sales were down across the board compared to June 2010, with a 12% dip in software and 9% fewer hardware units shifted in the same period.