Rockstar have announced their plans surrounding downloadable expansions for L.A. Noire, a detective drama released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 a couple of weeks ago. Those plans included the release of a number of additional (standalone) cases to solve, collectibles to find and challenges to complete - all of which will be released over the next "several months", on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.
"With its blend of real crime influences and noir atmosphere, L.A. Noire contains boundless potential for new stories and new cases,” said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. "The four new cases are strong standalone stories that sit perfectly alongside the main game.”
The downloadable content will be available for individual purchase, as is the norm, but it will also be accessible through a one-time, all-inclusive "L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass". Purchasing the pass will grant gamers access to all of the material, as it is released, at a discounted rate. Normally, the content would cost $20 USD on PS3 or 1600 Points on XBLA, however opting for the pass means you'll pay a total of $10 USD / 800 points (up front) if you purchase the pass by June 14th.
There is also a bonus for members of Rockstar's social club, which is available to owners of any of their recent games, and all players can download a special weapon (the Chicago Piano Machine Gun) free of charge.
The announced DLC, a mixture of content that was previously exclusive as part of preorder campaigns and some new material, comprises of the following content:
• Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) – May 17;
• L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) – May 31;
• “The Naked City” DLC case – May 31;
• “A Slip of The Tongue” DLC case – May 31;
• Broderick Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
• Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
• The Badge Pursuit Challenge – May 31;
• Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) – May 31;
• L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) – June 14;
• “Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case – June 21;
• “Reefer Madness” DLC case – July 12.