Sidhe put up an article on the official Rugby Challenge website today, discussing the attention to detail that they're bringing to the sideline components of the visual package.
In the article were two screenshots, the first to be revealed:
They also detailed some of the work that's gone into the crowd:
• Every crowd member rendered in realtime from a full 3D animated model
• Crowd members dressed in home, away, or neutral apparel and colours
• Home, away, and neutral fans animated independently depending on game events
• Team flags and banners, camera flashes, and stadium pyrotechnics supported
• Lighting model includes stadium structure shadows and ambient occlusion for natural results
• Variable crowd density that flood fills the stadium in a natural way
• Crowd sounds linked to game events and cutscenes to reinforce the action emotionally
• Game officials, team support staff, media and cameramen, and stadium security also shown
Rugby Challenge, published by Home Entertainment Suppliers / Tru Blu out of Sydney, is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC later on this year - likely around the World Cup itself, which kicks off in September.