Latest PS Store Update - No Metal Gear for NZ

By: Morgan Bates
Published: Friday 20 Nov 2009 4:45 PM

In the latest PlayStation Store update most PAL countries, including our Australian neighbours were relieved to finally see Metal Gear Solid arrive on their store – New Zealanders? Not so much. Instead we get a note in the PlayStation Europe blog under one of the most anticipated releases since Sony started pumping out PlayStation Classics on the service.

“PSone Classic
• Metal Gear Solid (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 18+
Availability: Not available in New Zealand”

We have been omitted from the classic’s release – a move which is likely going to disappoint gamers who have waited for this PAL release since the title launched on the American PlayStation Store earlier this year.

When questioned about it by a commenter, the blog author pointed the finger at Konami, saying "Konami didn’t submit it for release there I’m afraid."

NZGamer.com has contacted Sony NZ for comment, as Sony NZ oversee the distribution of PSN titles.

Keep it locked on NZGamer.com for updates on the situation.

More You May Like

Comments (14)

You must be logged in to post comments.

or Register now!
Kiwi08 NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 6:45 PM Posted by Kiwi08
You go NZGamer.com!

Sp3kt0r NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 6:46 PM Posted by Sp3kt0r
PITCHFORK-WIELDERS ASSEMBLE!

emetic NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 7:11 PM Posted by emetic
That's pretty lol.

KatalystaKaos NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 8:54 PM Posted by KatalystaKaos
I feel very forgotton, if I was worried about it I'd just use my US account though, POWER TO THE PEOPLE Y'ALL. The only thing I really want in the way of MGS at the mo, is trophies for MGS4...

arnies
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 10:19 PM Posted by arnies
sony NZ is REALLLL good to us

jbl316
On Friday 20 Nov 2009 11:28 PM Posted by jbl316
At least I have still have my old PSone copy intact.

The Host of Chaos NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 12:02 AM Posted by The Host of Chaos
I always thought the original Metal Gear Solid sucked to be honest. But that doesn't make this any less of a sucky situation for NZ gamers as a whole.

iddy
On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 1:22 AM Posted by iddy
I'd topped up my psn account especially for this.. i was kinda bummed when i read that..
i've emailed konami.. hopefully they reply..?

Oliver
On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 10:00 AM Posted by Oliver
I was the second angry NZ commenter on the EU blog. Not happy about this.

iddy
On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 11:55 AM Posted by iddy
Dear Mr Ansell,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

We are sorry to inform you that we are not in a position to reveal further details about release dates.

All officials announcements are made on our official website:

or

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Your Konami Support Team

SpawnSeekSlay NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Sunday 22 Nov 2009 5:13 PM Posted by SpawnSeekSlay
21 November 2009, 11:55 AM Reply to iddy
Dear Mr Ansell,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

All officials announcements are made on our official website:

or

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Your Konami Support Team
Thats a template if ever I saw one lol
Probably spam it to everyone who ask the question, which I think would be alot

Byskyre NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
On Monday 23 Nov 2009 9:50 AM Posted by Byskyre
Are there any other countries not getting it? It's kind of stupid stopping just one country from getting it, it's not like they have to do much to get it here...

Oliver
On Monday 23 Nov 2009 7:02 PM Posted by Oliver
23 November 2009, 09:50 AM Reply to Byskyre
Nope, just NZ. Out of the SCEE territories at least.

SpawnSeekSlay NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 23 Nov 2009 9:12 PM Posted by SpawnSeekSlay
NZ get the shaft again, doesnt matter if its by M$ or Sony.
I lack the understanding to why they cant just make the material available to EVERYONE?