Demon’s Souls Online Services End in 2018

Demon’s Souls Online Services End in 2018

If you’ve yet to get around to play 2009’s Demon’s Souls, you’ll have until early next year to play it as the developer intended. Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today that the game’s servers will shut down on February 28, 2018.

Locally, the servers will shut down on February 28, 2018 at 9:00PM NZDT.

Demon’s Souls was a highly important game for FromSoftware. Many design decisions – including the game’s passive merging of singleplayer and multiplayer elements – laid the foundation for their more successful titles, like Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Source: Polygon

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 9:00 AM
Remaster coming! But atleast the Solo play is still good.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 9:02 AM
28 November 2017, 09:00 AM Reply to AdamC
Remaster coming! But atleast the Solo play is still good.
Remaster would be awesome, I missed out on it, and don't want to get a PS3 to play it.

Posted by Blackfox
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 9:48 AM
Sold my copy ages ago, really do hope it gets remastered, Id love to get another chance to get that platinum

On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 10:55 AM
Still got my PS3 and the game disc. At least still playable offline (probably better with no pesky invading phantoms lol), still havent got my Plat with it either. At least the White/Black world will be more player controlled than community controlled, but the Plat will be annoying to get having to manipulate it for certain events to happen. Going to take many playthroughs.
When I need my Souls fix in a few years time (if no Bloodbourne 2) then I think Ill get back to it.

Posted by Jonathan-OverWorld
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 3:03 PM
I absolutely love Demon's Souls, despite it's age it still remains one of the purest and best in my beloved Souls series. Truly one of the greatest games ever!

While I got my Platinum in it yeears ago I'm still saddened that part of the game will be closed off soon, sounds to me like the perfect time to port it to something new. :) It is too good a game to be stuck on PS3 forever. :|

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 3:43 PM
28 November 2017, 03:03 PM Reply to Jonathan-OverWorld

Are there online trophies or can you still get the platinum after the servers have shut down?

Posted by Jonathan-OverWorld
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 4:54 PM
28 November 2017, 03:43 PM Reply to Outlaw213
From memory you can do it all offline still, things like the World Tendencies stuff might even be easier that way. If you needed help beating a boss or anything might be a bit harder offline having to do it solo now I suppose.

Posted by Paorio
On Tuesday 28 Nov 2017 7:14 PM
the only souls game I haven't beat...