The Weekend Chat: Will You Be Playing Call of Duty?

Call of Duty: WW2 is out right now in New Zealand. The game promises a return to more classic combat, by transporting them to one of humankind’s bloodiest conflicts.

We’ve talked on The Weekend Chat before about the franchise going back to its roots, so this week we’re keeping it simple.

Will you be playing Call of Duty: WW2 this weekend?

Why or why not? Do you think the game can balance a respect for its subject matter, with fun? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 3:37 PM
It's been 9 years since the last good Call of Duty game, and even then I haven't gone back to it to check if it holds up, think I'll pass on this one.

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 3:45 PM
Well clearly they aren't capable of respecting the subject matter has far as the MP is concerned, especially with the recent news that loot crates are a public spectacle, with them falling from the sky in the Normandy Beach hangout where everyone near you can see what items you get.

Posted by predatorhunter
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 3:45 PM
must say this has me interested more than alot of the previous titles, in saying that i do not intend to take the plunge as for how cod has been, maybe next year as treyarch is most likely going to release WAWII.

Posted by I3ridgeI3urner
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 4:01 PM
Looks like the game only has 9 MP maps. I have not played COD for many years, although I did enjoy the MP. WW2 and boots on the ground gameplay appeals, but 9 maps is pathetic for a MP focussed game. Unless the 9GB day one update includes more maps, then I will pass. Also, locking maps behind season passes and announcing the DLC already is poor business practice, especially when most devs and pubs have moved away from map based DLC.

Posted by Bank
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 4:03 PM
Yeah when's WAWII?
WAW was me first and only COD and was so fun I got the Plat. Got it because of the MW2 hype but had no idea people were actually skipping WAW because they only like modern guns.
lol B O D I E D.

Posted by Coddfish
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 4:06 PM
US military propaganda that craps all over history and blatantly disrespects everyone who fought and died in WWII?
I'll pass.

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 5:06 PM
Just finished the story, it's was pretty good, the zombies is also pretty fun with friends

Posted by cortez72
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 6:20 PM
I won't buy anything with Activision's name on it anymore. I'm an Activis't.

Posted by Gadgetgamers
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 6:50 PM
Played this today and it's the best COD in any years, boots on the ground is the best and only way it should be played, back to the basics is great, I give it a 10....

Posted by captain X nz
On Friday 3 Nov 2017 8:18 PM
Will be keen if a promo copy lands in the mail, but haven't got the motivation ($$$) to get it for real.

On Friday 3 Nov 2017 11:29 PM
I see they have another bullsh*t patent, they can go bankrupt.

Posted by birdman
On Monday 6 Nov 2017 7:07 AM
Just like the previous eight COD titles before it, I'll be giving it a wide berth thanks. I agree re. COD:WAW though, that was fun back in the day (except Veteran campaign aka Grenade spam lol).