Mass Effect: Andromeda to Wrap Up Story with Novel

Mass Effect: Andromeda to Wrap Up Story with Novel

If you were looking for the resolution of loose story threads in Mass Effect: Andromeda, a recently announced novel will be your only port of call.

Mass Effect: Annihilation from Catherynne M. Valente is set to release in June 26, 2018 in North America. U.K and Australian audiences will have to wait until August 28, 2018 to get their hands on the book. No New Zealand date or pricing has been announced, but we’ll likely share the release date of our European cousins. We’ll keep you updated if we hear otherwise.

The novel will detail what happened with the Quarian ark. According to the story description, it will follow the journey of the Keelah Si’yah, which is carrying 20,000 drell, elcor, batarian and quarian colonists to Andromeda.

Mass Effect: Andromeda had a troubled development, and rocky launch. Following the game’s mixed critical reception, developer BioWare Montreal was downsized and merged into existing studio EA Motive. The franchise was then put on ice, with its future unclear.

Source: Polygon

Posted by AdamC
On Monday 30 Oct 2017 4:08 PM
Thanks EA. Thanks for looking after your franchise.......

Posted by ironfist92
On Monday 30 Oct 2017 4:34 PM
30 October 2017, 04:08 PM Reply to AdamC
Thanks EA. Thanks for looking after your franchise.......
After what EA did with Visceral and their Star Wars game, things dont look too great for the future of Mass Effect

Posted by RKO_NZ
On Monday 30 Oct 2017 5:53 PM
I thought of a quote, it came to be because I'm playing South Park: Fractured But Whole.

"I like to at least be wined and dined, before i get f&@#ked"

I was never a big fan of the series, but talk about going to the extremes of alienating the fan base by releasing a broken mess of a game with crap after content and barely no support. EA had already put Mass Effect into the grave, and have actually now send it shooting it to hell.

Posted by LukeB
On Monday 30 Oct 2017 6:21 PM
This is disappointing, more so because Ryder obviously won't have a hand in saving them. Hopefully this book won't end up leaving readers (or just me?) despising all the characters that take part in it... Seriously, after Nexus Uprising, all I wanted to do was, as soon as I made it to the Nexus in-game, go ahead and exile every single sentient that refused to go back into Cryo, then find Sloan and lock her up... exile wasn't good enough for her. Even thinking about what happened in that book now makes me angry.

But yeah... hope Annihilation it's a good wrap-up to the Andromeda story-line.

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Monday 30 Oct 2017 6:25 PM
I wonder if this was suppose to be DLC?

On Tuesday 31 Oct 2017 4:32 AM
I soo wanted a sequel to Andromeda, i hope EA burns in a fire like the dev teams they destroyed. no not literally.

Posted by ironfist92
On Tuesday 31 Oct 2017 6:39 PM
30 October 2017, 06:25 PM Reply to CloudAxel16
I wonder if this was suppose to be DLC?
It was. It was even teased in the game foreshadowing what was supposed to come.