The LawBreakers All-Star Update is releasing on the 19th (in the US) of October to PC and PlayStation 4, and is introducing a ranked mode for the title, along with Boss Leagues, a new map, rewards with time-limited Blitzball-themes Stash Drops, and a variant version of the Redfalls map, just in time for Halloween, called "Redfalls Bloodmoon".
Going into more detail, the official website had this to say:
Season 0 of Boss Leagues
- Boss Leagues will have solo and duo queuing! So grab a buddy within your skill range and climb through the leagues, from Bronze to Boss!
- There will be single role limits in competitive Boss Leagues matches.
- Quick Match and Skirmishes will still have 2 role max.
- Beta Season 0 will feature these three 3 objective based modes: Blitzball, Uplink and Occupy
- For Beta Season 0, the competitive map/mode playlist going to be:
- Blitzball: Grandview, Mammoth, Promenade Night, Reactor
- Uplink: Grandview, Mammoth, Promenade, Reactor, Station
- Occupy: Mammoth, Promenade Night, Reactor, Station
- Multi-region queues will be added for this update, so you can queue in multiple regions to find matches fast!
- 10 Placement matches must be played before you receive a ranking in the Boss Leagues.
- How you progress in the Boss Leagues is based off the skill of the opposing team and whether or not you won or lost the match. It’s all about winning, and not K/D/A. Win/loss result and the skill of your opponent is the only thing that factors into your League Score.
- There is a level 5 barrier to entry to the Boss Leagues Season 0, so you have to be at that level to participate. For future Seasons, we may go higher, so stay tuned.
- Remember, Quick Match is a great place to practice and hone your skills as you prepare for the Boss Leagues!
- Remember this is BETA Season 0! When you play in the Boss Leagues, if you think anything is out of whack, please let us know and we’ll improve in future seasons.
The New Map is called Gateway, and is a brand new Blitzball Arena map, designed to look like a sports stadium from the LawBreakers universe.
Built using hadronium-infused material, Gateway floats effortlessly in the sky above a chosen city. Currently residing over San Francisco, the world’s first “Mobile Stadium” it is soon expected to relocate to its next destination. Where will it go next? Stay tuned to find out.
The Blitzball Stash Drops will include character and weapons skins, kick decals, weapon stickers, profile icons, and more.
- Blitzball Stash Drops are only available for limited time, so get yours from the store today!
- Blitzball Stash Drops are awarded for account progression while the All-Star event is in progress.
- You will receive at least one Blitzball themed item in every Blitzball Stash Drop.
Finally, Redfalls Bloodmoon, the variant map, is a "dark and sinister take on Redfalls." The original version has been updated with "a new, atmospheric time of day and centered the map around an ominous Shattered Blood Moon."
LawBreakers All-Star Update releases tomorrow, the 20th of October, 2017 on PC and PlayStation 4.