According to a scan of the latest issue of V-Jump (a Japanese magazine about new manga and video games based on popular manga), Dragon Ball FighterZ will launch for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in Japanese markets on February 1st, 2018, with both Nappa and Captain Ginyu being added to the roster of playable characters.
The scan also reveals several other pieces of information.
- The game will cost ¥7,800.
- Nappa will be able to summon Saibamen, and use a special attack called "Kappa!"
- Captain Ginyu will be able to summon The Ginyu Force, and has a special attack called "Body Change" which allows him to switch characters and hit points with his opponent.
- In the Story Mode, an incident occurs which sees the Z warriors fall, one after the other. When Goku wakes up, the player's "spirit" will be linked to him. The story develops by linking characters with the player's spirit, for example, in the Android chapter, the player's spirit is linked to Android 18, while in the Enemy Warriors chapter, they are linked with Frieza.
- It will be possible to strengthen the bonds between the player's spirit and the characters. If the bonds are strong enough, you will be able to hear private conversations.
- Players will be able to choose what they wish to do in Story Mode. Be it battle and gain experience points, rescue allies, learn skills, and more while advancing on a map.
Dragon Ball FighterZ releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in Japan on February 1st, 2018. No release date has been announced for other regions at this time.
Sources: Twitter via @ShonenGameZ, Ryokutya2089, Gematsu