Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Beta Extended

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Beta Extended

Publisher EA and developer DICE have extended the open beta for Star Wars: Battlefront II. If you’ve yet to try out the sci-fi multiplayer shooter, you’ll now have two extra days to do so.

As GameSpot points out, the beta was scheduled to end earlier today. The end-date has now been pushed back to October 11 in North America – so expect to have access to it in New Zealand until October 12 at the latest.

Have you tried out a few matches? How do you feel about the game’s loot boxes? Let us know in the comments below.

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 1:24 PM
Fun to play. f**k the lootboxes. Unfornately the loot boxes are directly linked to progression so it screams pay to win so won't be buying it.

its a shame really, its really fun to play and definitely better than the last one but the loot boxes ruin it.

Posted by Bunnny
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 1:37 PM
10 October 2017, 01:24 PM Reply to ChieftaiNZ

Yeah.. maybe once in the vault or something...

Good fun...

Posted by czk51
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 1:41 PM
I do wonder if the backlash on loot boxes and progression will be reworked before release or soon after? Either ways I'm holding out considering purchase until I see more Endor / Hoth type maps. City set pieces don't appeal to me at all so the beta really didn't grab me.

On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 4:09 PM
I've been playing the good battlefront 2 instead.

Posted by Dvst8u
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 5:02 PM
yeah , not bad , but not a fan out pay to win. will pick up for $25 at some stage.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 5:15 PM
10 October 2017, 01:24 PM Reply to ChieftaiNZ

Yup definitely ruined by the loot boxes and the whole progression system.

Skip for me!

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 5:16 PM
10 October 2017, 01:41 PM Reply to czk51
I doubt it, too close to release now. I hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by cortez72
On Wednesday 11 Oct 2017 8:11 AM
The trouble with the first game was the DLC fractured the community. I was enjoying it until then, after that some game modes became ghost towns. Later in its life the game basically became unplayable due to the low player numbers- which is why single player was implemented late to try and keep people interested after the servers were barren. So the sequel was always going to be a no from me.

Now loot boxes. Oh well, developers are making it much easier to save money this year.

Posted by ironfist92
On Wednesday 11 Oct 2017 1:04 PM
Might be worth a weekend rent.

Posted by Moeggo
On Wednesday 11 Oct 2017 1:40 PM
11 October 2017, 08:11 AM Reply to cortez72

Totally! I forked out and got the DLC's for the maps at the beginning. My disappointment was that they never rotated the DLC maps into the mainstream maps like COD's does for there DLC's. I find that I would often get board of playing the same maps over and over and then waiting for 5-10 to find a join-able match on another server...