Dragon Ball FighterZ Gets New Characters, Story Mode Detailed

Dragon Ball FighterZ Gets New Characters, Story Mode Detailed

More characters are on the way to Dragon Ball FighterZ, the highly anticipated fighting game from Bandai Namco and Arc System Works.

According to the latest issues of Jump magazine (translated by Gematsu), Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta will be in the game – although it’s unclear if they’ll be separate fighters, or simply transformations. Android 16 and 18 will also be joining the roster, the latter of which can summon Android 17 for a special attack.

The story mode was also detailed. It will apparently feature a revived Android 16, where “super warriors fall one by one.” The magazine goes on to describe it as a “new story for Goku and friends… depicted in high-end animation.”

Party matches are also coming to the game, in the form of three-versus-three. Each player will control a separate character, and they’ll switch in real time.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is set to launch in early 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source: GameSpot

Posted by SinuousPanic
On Friday 18 Aug 2017 9:18 AM
Good to see this idea of evolving the story of DBZ rather than just re telling the same 25 year old story is catching on. Much more interesting.

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 18 Aug 2017 2:12 PM
I really don't like using Android #16 in any of the previous DB games he's been in, hopefully this game changes that, Android #18 is also great and this probably means we'll be getting Android #17, this game is gonna be a bunch of fun.

Posted by czk51
On Friday 18 Aug 2017 2:55 PM
Can't wait. Currently playing Xenoblade 2 but still not reeeeeeally a fan of the combat. This looks way more up my alley.

Posted by kniteowl
On Monday 21 Aug 2017 8:50 AM
18 August 2017, 02:55 PM Reply to czk51
Lol I love how game names get confused so easily. I know u mean Xenoverse but I has to double take for a bit thinking "How on earth have they got an unreleased Nintendo Switch game" lol

Posted by czk51
On Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 2:34 PM
21 August 2017, 08:50 AM Reply to kniteowl
LOL wow yup. Playing both at the moment so yeah.. whoops