The next patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is releasing this week. In its fourth monthly update since launch, players will get access to first-person only servers, the ability to honk car horns, and a wealth of other features.
Here’s a snippet of the patch notes, from the Steam page:
- Added new weapon Mk14 EBR. Mk14 EBR is a Designated Marksman Rifle that can only be obtained from Carepackages. This weapon is chambered for 7.62mm and sniper rifle attachments
- Added two new face presets and hairstyles to character customization for both genders
- Added 1st Person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes
- Camera will stay still while looting items to prevent dizziness
- Added a new feature to report players
- Some people killed knocked-out teammates in order to avoid giving kill count to an opponent who knocked them down. Now the kill count will still go to the opponent in this specific case.
- Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game
- You may now play with Xbox controllers, and we will continue to make improvements with Xbox controllers
- Sound volume difference from inside and outside of building is more obvious
- Added new sound effect while scoping or aiming weapon
- Added new effects when a character is running or sprinting over different types of surfaces
Items and Vehicles
- Added a lower rail attachment slot to SKS
- You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver's seat with Left Mouse Click
A range of UI and performance bugs have also been fixed. You can read the full patch notes here.
You can expect the update to arrive later this week.
Cosmetic items inspired by the Japanese film Battle Royale are also making their way to the multiplayer shooter.