For Honor to Get Dedicated Servers

For Honor to Get Dedicated Servers

For Honor – the medieval multiplayer brawler from Ubisoft – is getting dedicated servers. This news comes months after the game’s launch, with fans often citing poor connectivity issues due to its current peer-to-peer solution.

It’s unclear just when the dedicated servers will roll out however. The overhaul is part of the game’s roadmap, but altering their current network solution to go from peer-to-peer to dedicated will take some time.

In an interview with Eurogamer, game director Roman Oriola said that For Honor’s current network code is quite complex; no one user acts as the host. Instead, data is shared, with all users constantly receiving and sending data. This was supposed to eliminate the idea of “host advantage.”

We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

Source: Kotaku

Posted by Xaphriel
On Friday 28 Jul 2017 8:53 AM
This is probably too late to save the player base, sadly. It was an alright game, but the connectivity issues and frequent leavers really drove people away.

But really I'm still just bitter that they banned the Peacekeeper that one time :P

Posted by cutm
On Friday 28 Jul 2017 11:16 AM
100% agree with Xaphriel. It had the makings of a great game but it's too little, too late. I like the idea of getting back into it but the world of gaming moves so fast now and there are so many good games on the horizon it's hard to look backward. In the same way I don't know if I'll get into Mass Effect: Andromeda if they fix it up because I'll be looking forward to Red Dead 2, Monster Hunter World and other upcoming titles. That's why I don't mind when Bethesda or Rockstar push back a release because I know it means what I spend my money on will (hopefully) be more playable.

On Friday 28 Jul 2017 2:23 PM
After the games basically dead?
f**king amazing job ubisoft!

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 28 Jul 2017 2:23 PM
I think they can still pull people back, it's has solid gameplay and can be a lot of fun, they just gotta give it the R6:Siege treatment

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Friday 28 Jul 2017 5:48 PM
28 July 2017, 08:53 AM Reply to Xaphriel

Basically.

its 2017, if you are a AAA dev making a multiplayer focused game, you better have Dedicated servers, because p2p is stupid

Posted by captain X nz
On Friday 28 Jul 2017 6:56 PM
Stable door: Open
Horse: Bolted

Posted by AsianFella
On Sunday 30 Jul 2017 12:53 PM
Do people still play this game? I heard the playerbase took a nosedive pretty quickly

Posted by Paorio
On Sunday 30 Jul 2017 1:41 PM
30 July 2017, 12:53 PM Reply to AsianFella
Compared to what it was at launch, it's extremely small, hopefully new heroes and dedicated servers and some price drops can breath some life back into it