Pokemon Go Coming Down Hard on Cheaters

Pokemon Go Coming Down Hard on Cheaters

According to a post on Reddit from a Niantic representative (and reported by Polygon), players caught using third-party services to effectively cheat the game will find themselves with a few complications.

According to the verified post by the developer:

"Starting today, Pokémon caught using third-party services that circumvent normal gameplay will appear marked with a slash in the inventory and may not behave as expected."

It's unclear exactly which apps may trigger said consequences, and what behaviour can be expected of Pokemon obtained through unofficial means.

This follows a news of an upcoming update which will change how gyms works and add raids to the augmented-reality game.

On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 11:46 AM
Didn't know there were bit apps floating around for that .

Posted by kniteowl
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 11:50 AM
Hopefully this cleans up those spoofers out there! Glad I wasn't tempted to spoof at all, or use any other 3rd party apps that needed access to my account...

Posted by emetic
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 6:32 PM
22 June 2017, 11:46 AM Reply to drunk_monk
Didn't know there were bit apps floating around for that .
Sorry what? I thought we all knew there were bots.

Posted by piratemonkey
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 9:56 PM
and the cheating arms race goes on

Posted by Booker_T_SUCKAAA
On Friday 23 Jun 2017 6:46 AM
22 June 2017, 06:32 PM Reply to emetic
Sorry what? I thought we all knew there were bots.
When the same guy had maxed out Blissey's in all the gyms around my work and surrounding area... Yep there are apps for that! I'm glad that those guys will get there due. I always wondered why they continued playing, all their Pokemon are not their own/ earned.

In saying that, I think I'm coming to the end of my Pokemon Go addiction. Not sure if these new gyms will keep me in on it. I'm still Poke-walking while the gyms have been down, so I may keep that up to inspire me to get out walking during my lunch breaks...