LawBreakers Might Still Release on Xbox One

LawBreakers Might Still Release on Xbox One

According to The Gears of War creator, LawBreakers isn't coming to Xbox One for good reason, but says he's open to the possibility.

During an interview with IGN, Cliff Bleszinski explained his reasons why the character-based shooter isn't coming to Xbox One at this time and responded to critics who claim he's abandoning his origins:

"Xbox fanboys got really salty at me on Twitter, like, ‘It’s like you’re turning your back on the box that built your career with Gears,’" Bleszinski said. "And I’m like, not necessarily, because my first priority to me is my employees. I have 65 employees, many of whom have families, and I need to keep the lights on. When we looked at the fact that we could only ship on one console initially, PlayStation has the huge install base. That doesn’t mean that we can’t do an Xbox version later, or Xbox XOXO, or whatever they’re calling it these days. I wouldn't rule it out."

Lawbreakers was announced for PS4 last month, where initially the game had only been confirmed for PC. All subsequent characters, maps, and modes will release for free.

The game will launch for both platforms on August 8.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 2:00 PM
Classic Bleszinski.

This game has great potential - not full retail priced either.

Posted by kniteowl
On Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 5:10 PM
Good on him for looking after his crew...

On Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 8:12 PM
i mean if they put it on ps4 they already "consolised it" so no reason not to.

On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 10:36 AM
Dude is all over the place with this game. Starts off PC only free to play because he thought it was the best business model, now doing a 180 making it retail priced and bringing it to consoles. I guess that's what happens when an employee becomes a employer and learns how business works.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 11:02 AM
22 June 2017, 10:36 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
It's better than fee to play, it's not full retail priced, it's going for $30

Whether the game will be good or not, we will have to wait and see.

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 4:48 PM
My guess is that they have plans already for it to come out on x1 eventually. Probably just don't have the resources for simultaneous releases.

Posted by ptys
On Thursday 22 Jun 2017 5:58 PM
MS are really up sh*% creak when their golden boy leaves for the opposition.