Uncharted Movie Casts Spider-Man Actor as Nathan Drake

Uncharted Movie Casts Spider-Man Actor as Nathan Drake

The Uncharted Movie, which has been in pre-production since 2008, has finally casts its lead. Current Spider-Man star Tom Holland will assume the role of treasure hunter Nathan Drake.

According to a report from Deadline, the 20-year old actor will be playing a young Nathan Drake. The movie is supposedly based around a small sequence in Uncharted 3, where Drake first meets his mentor Victor Sullivan.

The casting decision was reportedly made by Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, after he saw Holland in the latest cut of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Sony is apparently on the hunt for a new scriptwriter, who will create a story based around a younger Nathan Drake. As IGN points out, this presumably means that Joe Carnahan’s “monstrously cool” script has been thrown out. Naughty Dog’s creative director Neil Druckmann said that “no one [at the studio]” read Carnahan’s script, nor did he have their support.

Stranger Things director Shawn Levy still looks set to direct.

Do you think Holland is a good choice for a younger Drake? Is a movie based around his origins a good idea? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Xenojay
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 9:57 AM
I think he's a fine choice for the role. What appealed to me was it potentially being a GODDAMN SULLY ADVENTURE! Sign me up for that. Sully is the man.

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 10:09 AM
Good choice if they are rolling with a young teenage Nathan Drake storyline, or if he's going to play him in flashbacks of some kind.

Posted by Sebo835
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 10:47 AM
Good casting, if this move ever gets made

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 11:02 AM
Telling a pre uncharted 1 story has me interested and this could be an outstanding casting.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 11:15 AM
Ohhh as young Nathan Drake, that's alright then!

Posted by LukeB
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 11:20 AM
I like the idea of a smaller prequelish kinda story for Nathan. Interested to see if Sam will be cast, and I'd love to know who they're going to have play Sully.... my vote goes to Bruce Campbell ;)

Posted by CoffeeAddict
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 1:00 PM
Who will play is Sully!! Jeff Bridges? Possibly too old for a young Nathan Drake story.

Posted by Paorio
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 1:28 PM
I have no faith in this movie, let's hope it proves me wrong

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 4:09 PM
We need good video game movies,

Posted by trun39
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 8:35 PM
When I heard the news I was like lol... but then a story based on young Nate would be so awesome. Although I'm sceptical about how permanent this update is before it is replaced by a new actor or script or director..

Posted by ptys
On Tuesday 23 May 2017 10:21 PM
Considering Naughty Dog aren't even interested in this, means its a waste of time.

On Wednesday 24 May 2017 8:19 AM
23 May 2017, 10:09 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Oops did the rushed thing and didnt read it.
Yeah a prequel / origins storyline where he begins his bond with Sully is an awesome idea to hopefully start a series of Uncharted movies, And Tom would make a great choice. Just hope this movie actually gets made and non-gamers go watch it so we get a series of them, we need a modern day Indiana Jones.

Posted by orangreeffect
On Friday 26 May 2017 4:28 PM
I'm sorry but no.He does not suit the part of Nathan Drake.Just because he is in another movie which people are looking forward to,does not make him a perfect candidate.In my opinion,they need to go for someone who isn't him
plus,writing for the director of the movie would be an awesome job.I'd love to do it,being a writer myself