The Division Gets Free Weekend Starting Tonight

The Division Gets Free Weekend Starting Tonight

Ubisoft has announced a free weekend for their loot-driven shooter The Division. From May 4 through May 8, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players will be able to dive in free of charge.

The exact timings below:

• Xbox One: 04/05 at 7PM NZST to 08/05 at 7PM NZST.
  • PlayStation 4: 04/05 at 7PM NZST to 08/05 at 7PM NZST.
  • Uplay PC: 05/05 at 5AM NZST to 08/05 at 8AM NZST.

Progress from the free weekend will carry over to the full game if you decide to purchase. The trial gives access to the main game until you reach level 8, or complete six hours of playtime. Digital versions of the game will be cheaper this weekend too.

Have you been keeping up with The Division? Is this free weekend something you’re going to jump on? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by 163Battery
On Thursday 4 May 2017 7:30 PM
I was kind of bummed out there was no special pricing for this one in the big sale on Xbox recently. If there is a decent price this time around I might look at it. Depending on where you look, some people say this game is great and others say it sucks. Free play weekend is a good opportunity to find out for myself.

Posted by RKO_NZ
On Friday 5 May 2017 10:29 AM
4 May 2017, 07:30 PM Reply to 163Battery
It was on special a few weeks back, Not sure if its the same sale you're talking about (The Autumn Sale?) I got the Gold Edition for $45 which came with all the season pass content and extra's (cosmetic stuff), but the only issue I see with the free play weekend is that besides Dark Zone, most are playing the newest DLC mode, which kinda blows because when I look to do co-op missions I can't find anyone or everyone is level 30 doing the missions on hard so 1 stray bullet and you go down. I'm only level 11.

Posted by 163Battery
On Friday 5 May 2017 5:54 PM
5 May 2017, 10:29 AM Reply to RKO_NZ
Really? Yeah, that massive sale they had. I saw a combo deal, Rainbow Six Seige and The Division but I already have Rainbow Six Seige.

So you reckon it might be a case of having left it too late to get into? Everyone who plays it is op?

Posted by highnzbudsmoka
On Friday 5 May 2017 7:37 PM
Might give it whirl

On Saturday 6 May 2017 3:16 AM
Rocket leagues free for the weekend on steam too.

Posted by RKO_NZ
On Saturday 6 May 2017 12:39 PM
5 May 2017, 05:54 PM Reply to 163Battery

I mean if you don't mind a long grind to get up to the other players, it really is one of those multiplayer games where if you don't get into it on launch or its first year, everyone else is OP to the point where you don't stand a chance, I got a month after launch, played a bit but wasn;t really feeling it, it sat on the shelve gathering dust so traded it in, and picked it back up during that sale because my brother wanted me to play it so he brought it for me, yet since then I've only ever gone on it maybe two or three times, I prefer playing Siege.