Nintendo announced what players can expect in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s first DLC pack – The Master Trials. Slated to arrive this winter, a bevy of new cosmetics and features are being added.
- Trial of the Sword: A wave-based survival mode, which will charge up the strength of the Master Sword if you complete it.
- Hard Mode: The ranks of all enemies have been increased by one (i.e. Red Bokoblins are now Blue). Foes will also slowly recover health during encounters. Floating planks have been scattered throughout the world, with loot and enemies on them.
- Hero’s Path Mode: A feature that will help track your progress, highlighting on the map the path you’ve walked in the last 200 hours. This is also retroactive, meaning you’ll be able to see where your journey took you before the DLC released.
- Korok Mask: Wearing this will indicate if nearby Koroks are hidden.
- Travel Medallion: A treasure chest somewhere in the world will have this new item. Using it will create a fast-travel point where you’re standing. Only one Travel Medallion marker can be active.
- New Equipment: Players can dress up as fan-favourite characters, like Midna, Tingle, Phantom, and Majora.
The DLC is only available with a season pass ($33 NZD). The Master Trials will launch this winter, while the second content pack is slated to arrive in summer.