Hearthstone Surpasses 70 Million Players

Hearthstone Surpasses 70 Million Players

Following on from earlier news that Overwatch hit 30 million players, developer Blizzard announced today that Hearthstone has hit an equally impressive milestone; the free-to-play card battler has surpassed 70 million players.

The barrier to entry with Hearthstone is fairly low – the game is free-to-play, and can be downloaded on a multitude of devices. The game launched in 2014 for PC, with iOS and Android versions soon to follow.

The recent release of the Journey to Un’Goro expansion also saw quite a reaction, with Blizzard stating that it had “more players playing together on the same day – around the whole world – than in any point in [Hearthstone’s] history.”

To celebrate, Blizzard is offering anyone who logs into the game from now until the end of May three free Journey to Un’Goro card packs.

Are you an avid Hearthstone player? Or do you occasionally dive in when a new expansion drops? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Bank
On Tuesday 2 May 2017 2:51 PM
How can they break 70 million players when Yu-Gi-Oh only has 8,000 Lifepoints? :thinkingface:

Posted by darklordfoamy
On Tuesday 2 May 2017 3:36 PM
I love they say this but the real question is how many of that amount are still playing. I mean I love Hearthstone but I know several people who have stopped playing it so yeah. Still got 3 free packs out of it so not complaining.

On Tuesday 2 May 2017 5:28 PM
2 May 2017, 02:51 PM Reply to Bank
Yu-gi-oh was my childhood, along with Warcraft 3 and runescape.

Posted by kniteowl
On Tuesday 2 May 2017 7:33 PM
It was a pretty fun game when I did get into it... but I'm over allocated with F2P games as it is now... :( And i wasn't very good at it :D

Posted by Zolen
On Wednesday 3 May 2017 1:21 PM
2 May 2017, 03:36 PM Reply to darklordfoamy
I have only just started playing ... tell me more about 3 free packs ?