The Weekend Chat: These Aren’t the Leaks You’re Looking For

Earlier this week, a trailer leaked for Star Wars: Battlefront II. It gave us a glimpse of what the game would offer; heroes and villains from both the prequel trilogy and new movies, and potentially a story-driven campaign with its own unique character.

This long weekend, we’re keeping the topic simple:

Are you excited about a new Star Wars: Battlefront?

Do you think developer DICE will address the issues you had with the first game? Outside of DLC map packs, what post-release support would you like to see? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored by ACG Yoobee School of Design

The Weekend Chat is brought to you by ACG Yoobee School of Design.

For more information, visit www.yoobee.ac.nz

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 4:10 PM
Yes, I believe the will address the complaints people had with the first game. Infact, we can already see that they have listened to some of our complaints with the inclusion of a Single Player campaign and the prequel era being added.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 4:13 PM
Watched the trailer, thought it looked great. Won't be playing it. I wish they had a slightly longer dev time cause if I remember working the launch of a game it's far too soon to have a sequel.

Posted by Dvst8u
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 4:42 PM
I quite enjoyed the first one not sure of I'll pick this up day one tho. Most likely not but it does look tits

Posted by Unfathomable-Ruination
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 5:08 PM
Yep, the announcement of a single player campaign basically sealed it for me.

Posted by cortez72
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 5:24 PM
The Star Wars era I most enjoyed has been used already. Not sure that Dice can improve there. Had the final product included the DLC content which eventually came out, it would have been a dream game in my eyes. Instead of a sequel they should have added a single player campaign to the original, relaunched it as the game of the year addition.

Posted by 163Battery
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 7:43 PM
The single player campaign is what did it for me so I'm keen.

Posted by czk51
On Friday 14 Apr 2017 7:57 PM
I bought BF1 + all dlc on sale last year and loved it, though am completely Star Wars'd out. Doubt I'll pick a sequel up.

On Friday 14 Apr 2017 10:48 PM
Hmmmmm, Nope.

Posted by Outlaw213
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 12:59 AM
Not too excited but will keep an eye on it to see how much has changed.

Posted by Booker_T_SUCKAAA
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 6:54 AM
That storyline has me wanting to play this day-one release. It gives a fresh look to the Star Wars universe, and great stories/ storylines sell games, imo. As long as the gameplay is on too, this should be a great game.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 9:07 AM
$90 Season Pass incoming for cut content, no thanks.

Posted by ptys
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 11:10 AM
I'll prob. get it so I can play with my Nephews.

Posted by iludez
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 12:56 PM
I love star wars, I really do but not ea. Battlefront was a hollow game, boring and cheesy. Such a let down, didn't feel like star wars, felt like battlecod. It looked and sounded amazing but was a joke compared to the old battlefront games.

This worries me just as much, it's going to be essentially the same game, but with a campaign tacked on just like the last one only longer. You'll pay an arm and two legs to play your favourite characters aswell.

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 5:08 PM
15 April 2017, 12:56 PM Reply to iludez

Last one didn't even have a campaign.
The campaign is also being worked on by separate devs.

Posted by iludez
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 6:48 PM
15 April 2017, 05:08 PM Reply to ChieftaiNZ
Last one didn't even have a campaign.
The campaign is also being worked on by separate devs.
I remember them touting it as being a single player experience. Good point on that it wasn't a campaign, still I doubt this will be one too. It will be a version of the last one in my opinion.

Posted by Meanvision
On Saturday 15 Apr 2017 9:11 PM
I might do; picked up battlefront for pretty much nothing quite a while after it came out an got my money worth out of it.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Sunday 16 Apr 2017 8:21 AM
15 April 2017, 09:07 AM Reply to Nick2016NZ
$90 Season Pass incoming for cut content, no thanks.
DICE have now said there won't be a Season Pass this time around because they don't want to segment the community, so looks like I have to eat my words now. May consider picking it up after this news, good on them.

Posted by iludez
On Sunday 16 Apr 2017 9:10 PM
16 April 2017, 08:21 AM Reply to Nick2016NZ
It's quite amazing they listened to fans, hopefully they deliver on the game

Posted by jmduknz
On Monday 17 Apr 2017 1:20 AM
Skipped the first one as my gaming is too erratic for multiplayer to grab me. Might be tempted by this but will hold out for a while as too much in the backlog already

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Monday 17 Apr 2017 7:43 PM
Trailer looked really good but I can't see myself getting it without knowing that it's well supported by both devs and the players.

Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Monday 17 Apr 2017 7:45 PM
Yeppeedi Dodah sign me up for Day 1. !! Single Player Star Wars story with an amazingly promising looking team at the helm. I'm sold. The premise looks fantastic. Playing primarily as an imperial special trooper post Battle of Endor should be a blast, plus give a nice fresh perspective on the SW universe.