UPDATE: Here are all the major announcement from today's Nintendo Direct, courtesy of GameSpot. Titles like ARMS and Splatoon 2 all received firm release dates, and some other games were also announced.
ARMS will be arriving on June 16. Splatoon 2 is set for July 21.
Below are the other major Switch announcements. [13/04/2017, 1:54PM] These have been updated below to reflect New Zealand dates and availability, as per Nintendo Australia's press release:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Still set to launch on April 28. Will feature multiple character and tracks unlocked from the get-go.
- Ultra Street Fighter II: Still on-track for May 26 release
- Minecraft: The blocky builder will be arriving mid-May
- Neo Geo classics like Samurai Showdown are on the way
- Sonic Forces will arrive summer 2017, potentially alongside other console versions
- Sonic Mania, the retro throw-back, is slated for a winter release
- Project Mekkura (name not final): a Switch eShop release, slated for winter
- Fate/Extella: the anime action game will be making its way from Sony's platforms to the Switch in July.
- Disgaea 5 Complete: Set to launch in New Zealand on May 26
- Puyo Puyo Tetris now has a demo on the eShop, and will be available to purchae on April 28
- Monopoly will be making its way to Switch in spring 2017
- Sine Mora Ex: A new version of the 2012 shoot 'em up from Grasshopper, adding local co-op and versus. Coming in winter 2017.
- Battle Chasers Nightwar: A kickstarted RPG inspired by the classics. Arriving late winter 2017.
- Payday 2: The co-op shooter will be coming to Switch in 2017. Unconfirmed if it will be coming to New Zealand.
- Namco Museum: A compilation, slated for winter 2017. Unconfirmed if it will be coming to New Zealand.
- Standalone Switch Dock: May 19. Unconfirmed if it will be coming to New Zealand.
And below are the 3DS announcements:
- Fire Emblem Echoes: On-track for May 20. Will have free and paid DLC.
- Hey, Pikmin! will launch July 29
- Ever Oasis: A new RPG, slated for June 23
- Monster Hunter Stories: An RPG set inside Capcom's popular game universe, set for spring 2017
- Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Spectres will hit in spring 2017. The game is described as the "definitive edition." of Yo-Kai Watch 2. Unconfirmed if it will be coming to New Zealand.
- Culdecept Revolt: A strategy card game from publisher NIS, slated for August 29.
- RPG Maker FES: June 27. Will also feature Disgaea characters to use in your own creations.
- Miitopia: An RPG featuring Mii avatars. Slated for 2017. Unconfirmed if it will be coming to New Zealand.
- Kirby Clash Deluxe: Out now
- Kirby's Blowout Blast: Winter 2017
- A new Kirby game: Will be a multiplayer action title, slated for summer.
- Bye-Bye Box Boy: was already available in our eShop prior to this reveal
And some other announcements:
- A new neon-yellow Joy-Con colour (June 16)
- Joy-Con battery packs (June 16)
- New lines of amiibo
- Previously announced Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are still on schedule for July 22
- Three Link amiibo (from Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword) are set to release on June 24
Original story follows.
Nintendo will be hosting another Direct today, with this presentation focusing on a pair of their upcoming Switch games: ARMS and Splatoon 2.
For your convenience, we’ve embedded the stream below. It will go live at 10AM NZT today (April 13). The press release also notes that there will be “information about Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch games on the way.”
What do you want to see out of this presentation? Let us know in the comments below!