Destiny 2 Advertising Leaks, Releases Later This Year

Destiny 2 Advertising Leaks, Releases Later This Year

Some advertising material has leaked for Destiny 2. The above poster (from an Italian retailer) hints at an upcoming beta for PS4, which according to Eurogamer’s Tom Phillips, will arrive first on Sony’s console around June.

A second poster featuring the same key-art has also leaked, revealing a September 8 release date for Bungie’s latest instalment in the sci-fi shooter franchise.

Eurogamer has confirmed with its sources that the images are accurate. Kotaku reports that we’ll be hearing more about the game soon, and that it will also be coming to PC.

We’ll keep you updated as Bungie or Activision respond.

What would you want out of a Destiny sequel? More options for exploration? More story missions and narrative? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by MadDudeHorse
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 9:18 AM
The DLC pricing structure for Destiny put me off and stopped me playing when they wanted me to pay the price of the game again to get The Taken King. I enjoyed the gameplay, but the story was lackluster and with the DLC price I was not playing enough to justify it. If they established a more transparent DLC release scheme I could be tempted to pick up the sequel.

Posted by Bunnny
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 9:44 AM
24 March 2017, 09:18 AM Reply to MadDudeHorse
You gripe makes sense.

It's just a pity its viable, and established ( Guild Wars & WoW)

I don't want to buy in, but probably will be.

Its just too much fun with friends.

Wilkinstein
Posted by Wilkinstein
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 12:13 PM
Always good to have something to look forward to...

Posted by Outlaw213
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 1:07 PM
Will keep an eye on it but no pre orders!

Posted by NZGamer
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 1:43 PM
Eyes up Guardian: B5BP-MTN3-5D2E

For more details to win a truckload of VIP points, see our latest Bounty - http://nzgamer.com/competitions/495/vip-bounty-the-big-one.html

Posted by AdamC
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 2:11 PM
24 March 2017, 01:43 PM Reply to NZGamer
Eyes up Guardian: B5BP-MTN3-5D2E

^^ Thankyou!

On Friday 24 Mar 2017 2:26 PM
Probably my only preorder this year, well maybe RDR2 also.
Love hate relationship with the game, but playing it with mates on a regular squad with some banter thrown in made it all worth it and some good times were had.
Hopefully this is one of those games where they learnt alot from developing through the first to create what people wanted from day 1. Im hopeful.

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Friday 24 Mar 2017 10:25 PM
24 March 2017, 02:26 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Probably my only preorder this year, well maybe RDR2 also.
No no no nooo noooooo.

Of you have a love hate relationship with Destiny don't pre-order Destiny 2. Wait, its not going to sell out and all pre-ordering will do is risk your money to a game that might not live up to expectations.

On Saturday 25 Mar 2017 10:03 AM
24 March 2017, 10:25 PM Reply to ChieftaiNZ
No no no nooo noooooo.

I don't preorder ever normally but I played more Destiny than I have any game in the last 25 years. So why not preorder or buy Day 1 from the shops if I know plenty of mates and great newly found and formed NZGamer friends are getting it also? As a coop game it was great. The shooter mechanics are the best I've played, and through the course of DLC they showed they learnt how to improve on the shortcomings of its vanilla version. Destiny 1 was basically a beta, so I have some faith D2 will be a much better version in its vanilla form.
So correct you, it's a Yes yes yesss yes yeeeeeeessss to a preorder/day1.
But at least I can understand why some people felt they got burned, but I think those burned are blinded to the great experience some had (definitely with the help of likeminded friends and regular crew).

Posted by Kyimo
On Sunday 26 Mar 2017 10:54 PM
24 March 2017, 09:44 AM Reply to Bunnny
You gripe makes sense.

It's just a pity its viable, and established ( Guild Wars & WoW)

I don't want to buy in, but probably will be.

Its just too much fun with friends.
considering the lack of content in any of the destiny updates/expansions compared to a expansion pack for WoW or Guildwars, i wouldn't say it makes sense at all.

they wanted more money for less content, i loved the time i put into the game with my raiding buddies. but i still can't get over the greed of Activision/Bungle for its "expansions"

of course my moaning won't mean anything if the whole group grabs Destiny 2, because that will pull me back in as well. /sigh