Horizon Zero Dawn Sells 2.6M Worldwide, Story Expansion Planned

Horizon Zero Dawn Sells 2.6M Worldwide, Story Expansion Planned

Horizon Zero Dawn – the open-world action game from Killzone developer Guerrilla – has sold over 2.6 million units worldwide, publisher Sony announced today. That impressive figure was reached just two weeks after the game launched, and includes physical and digital sales.

"We knew Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be something special, so to see the incredible critical reaction to a brand new game world translate into this level of sales is really gratifying," Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios boss Shawn Layden said in a statement. "Guerrilla has created a game that is nothing short of exceptional, and the reaction we have seen from fans--from hours and hours of gameplay streaming to endless photo sharing--shows just how impactful it has been."

"We're thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike,” managing director Hermen Hulst said in his own statement to GameSpot. “Developing the game was a labour of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development."

It was also announced that a story expansion for the game is planned, but no further details have been revealed.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 8:41 AM
I'm all over that, bring it on!

Posted by CoffeeAddict
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 9:02 AM
Hoping this will not be in the too distant future. The games director said in a recent interview that yup their will definately be more but not just more Horizon, it has to have a story/direction first (Something like that). Didnt make it clear if they had that plan yet.

On Friday 17 Mar 2017 9:17 AM
Can't wait to play on pc.

Posted by guido
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 9:21 AM
Good to see. And I'm sure it will sell a lot more copies in months to come. I'll be buying it as soon as I've played through Breath of the Wild!

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 10:04 AM
17 March 2017, 09:17 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Can't wait to play on pc.
Why are people down voting this when it's confirmed to be an actual thing and he has every right to want to play it on PC?

Posted by AdamC
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 10:17 AM
I think I'll wait and get a bundle dlc included then . Something to look forward too

Posted by Silvon
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 12:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to playing this, ah so many games to buy!! I'll definitely be getting this down the line so glad to see it's doing well.

On Friday 17 Mar 2017 12:53 PM
More story, WOOOOOOOOOOO.

Can someone add an extra game to the order too?

Posted by Ryzlin
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 1:05 PM
I adore this game, but I don't know if I'd pay for extra story if they go that way. I'll think about it once I've finished the game.

Posted by ironfist92
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 1:11 PM
Guess I gotta wait for the GOTY edition then

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 2:35 PM
17 March 2017, 10:04 AM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
Is it really? My copy has the distinct slogan "Only On Playstation" across the top of the cover, that usually means it's not going anywhere else as far as I know. Not saying anyone is wrong, just would surprise me if it was going to be on PC is all.

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 5:29 PM
17 March 2017, 02:35 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ

They announced PS4 games will soon be playable on PC with their PlayStation Now service

Posted by Unfathomable-Ruination
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 8:55 PM
17 March 2017, 10:04 AM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
How? Playstation Now isn't even available in New Zealand.

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 9:31 PM
17 March 2017, 08:55 PM Reply to Unfathomable-Ruination
How? Playstation Now isn't even available in New Zealand.
So because he's from NZ and the service isn't available here he can't be excited to eventually play it on PC? All he said was that he "can't wait to play on PC" and a few people down voted him which is petty.
Though the service isn't currently in NZ, playing PS4 exclusives on PC is now a thing and Sony has announced in the past that the service will eventually roll out in AUS and NZ.
I just don't see an issue in his comment and people down voting it when it has come from Sony themselves that their exclusives will become playable on PC. Even I'm excited by this and I have a PS4.

Posted by Unfathomable-Ruination
On Friday 17 Mar 2017 11:05 PM
17 March 2017, 09:31 PM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
Well, I never down voted, if that's helps. But the fact that is been out in other regions for around 3 years already doesn't bode well for us down under.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 8:05 AM
17 March 2017, 05:29 PM Reply to FreddlePopGameS

Ah, so that's just streaming the PS4 game to a PC right? I thought we were talking an actual PC version release. Makes sense, that would be cool for PC owners without a PS4.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 9:33 AM
17 March 2017, 05:29 PM Reply to FreddlePopGameS

Its possible that horizon won't see it to PS Now, in an effort to make people buy a ps4. There's only about 400 ps3 games on there at the moment. If it does come to PS now, it will probably be in a year or two once less people are buying horizon.

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 10:26 AM
18 March 2017, 09:33 AM Reply to Ryzlin
I agree, although, The Last of Us is probably Sony's most celebrated exclusive and that is on PSNow. It may take ages for PSNow to be in NZ anyway and you're possibly right that HZD won't even be on there.

He gets a lot of flak for his comments which is sometimes deserved but on this occasion though he has a fair point, whether it happens or not.

Posted by Unfathomable-Ruination
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 11:45 AM
18 March 2017, 10:26 AM Reply to FreddlePopGameS

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that more people will be able to experience the masterpiece that is The Last of Us, I just don't think we'll see it here for a long time, if ever. If I recall, the minimum speed for PS Now is 5mb down, I assume most Of NZ would have that, but fibre isn't everywhere right now

Posted by ptys
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 5:36 PM
17 March 2017, 09:17 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Can't wait to play on pc.
PC, did I miss something? Would love to play on my GTX 1070 at 1440p but doubt that will happen. Good reason to own a PS4.

Posted by Unfathomable-Ruination
On Saturday 18 Mar 2017 7:23 PM
18 March 2017, 05:36 PM Reply to ptys
Yeah, it may eventually come to the playstation Now streaming service, which isn't available here.

On Sunday 19 Mar 2017 5:14 AM
17 March 2017, 11:05 PM Reply to Unfathomable-Ruination
There are ways to get around this, and i think it's in the beta stage or something still.

On Sunday 19 Mar 2017 5:17 AM
17 March 2017, 10:04 AM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
I would say Fanboyism, it's a Cancer to gaming. I see people being angry when other gamers to to play games, it's sad.

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

On Sunday 19 Mar 2017 10:30 PM
19 March 2017, 05:17 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Oh the Irony LOL ... coming from Mr PCMasterRace himself.

Thanks it gave me a good laugh :D

On Monday 20 Mar 2017 6:16 AM
19 March 2017, 10:30 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Oh the Irony LOL ... coming from Mr PCMasterRace himself.

Thanks it gave me a good laugh :D
Im a fan, not a fanboy, there's a difference, e.g im a fan of freedom, the freedom to have any fan i want.

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Monday 20 Mar 2017 8:18 AM
Gotta love getting to the bottom of the comments only to have sorta forgotten the article at the top :)

Picked up my mates PS4 she was selling to prepare for this one - now just gotta wait a few weeks after Mass Effect and will likely pick this one up!

Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 2:30 PM
The game of this generation without a doubt, loving every minute of it. A nice big slice of story expansion DLC will be most welcome,

Posted by Kyimo
On Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 2:43 PM
18 March 2017, 08:05 AM Reply to Nick2016NZ
yeah was shocked to read that myself.

but do not worry, it won't stop the moaning about graphics options./fps or whatever else the PC gamer community comes up with to moan about (coming from a PC gamer as well)

in other news, i'm LOVING HZD, so much so that i'm forgetting to check the time and end up still playing side stuff/exploring at 4am ; ;

so looking forward to more heh!

On Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 2:46 PM
21 March 2017, 02:43 PM Reply to Kyimo
yeah was shocked to read that myself.

so looking forward to more heh!
Im fine if the game is a constant fps, sure 60 looks way nicer but 30 fps that isn't dropping is tolerable.

Posted by Daniel5000
On Wednesday 22 Mar 2017 6:47 AM
I need a job so i can get this game