No Man’s Sky Gets New Vehicle This Week

No Man’s Sky Gets New Vehicle This Week

Developer Hello Games looks to be expanding the No Man’s Sky universe, this time in the form of a new vehicle that will “aid home planet exploration.” Called the Path Finder Update, its slated to arrive sometime this week.

Shortly after we launched the Foundation Update, we released a number of patches to address issues reported by players before beginning work on the Path Finder update. We were surprised and excited by the response to Foundation, and we have been listening carefully to community feedback since then.

No further details about the update are available. We’ll update you when new details emerge.

We reviewed No Man’s Sky, scoring it a 7.0. We praised its ability to instil a sense of wonder and irrelevance by creating such a large universe, but found its survival systems to be overly oppressive.

Source: GameSpot

On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 9:42 AM
Congrats on the award No Mans Sky :p

On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 10:52 AM
Always thought it had potential. Just came out too quickly in beta form really. Glad they are still supporting it and trying to build on their vision.
Ill definitely play it at some point down the line but dont know when that optimal time should be?

Posted by Zolen
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 11:35 AM
Perhaps I will try playing this game after a few more of these patches (-_-)

Posted by atipuss
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 1:33 PM
Glad they are still working on it...maybe one day I will get it again

Posted by MonkeyMan
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 2:04 PM
I won this from a yoobee night so im excited to play it now that it has these patches. Hopefully I'll be sitting there like "what was everyone talking about, this is great"

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 5:21 PM
8 March 2017, 09:42 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Congrats on the award No Mans Sky :p
Lol what? Please don't tell me they actually got an award for this steaming pile? Unless it was the award for biggest lies and misinformation in advertising award.

Posted by Mockstar
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 6:38 PM
8 March 2017, 05:21 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
They won the innovation award at GDC. Funny thing was the never thought they were going to win so were at dinner and missed the presentation!

Posted by piratemonkey
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 7:10 PM
I will hold onto my copy incase i ever want to go back to it
sure are a lot of preowned copies at my local EB however

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 8:22 PM
8 March 2017, 06:38 PM Reply to Mockstar
Wow, for real? Innovation in bullsh*tting? Seriously tho, the only thing innovative about NMS was Sean Murray's lies and his ability to get away with it.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 9:02 PM
8 March 2017, 07:10 PM Reply to piratemonkey
I will hold onto my copy incase i ever want to go back to it
sure are a lot of preowned copies at my local EB however
You have a week to return a game from EB, but mist people don't know that so when a disappointment comes out they just don't come back quick enough to get a refund. So they just end up trading it two weeks after it comes out.

On Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 11:05 PM
8 March 2017, 06:38 PM Reply to Mockstar
GDC is a fraud anyway.

Posted by Xaphriel
On Thursday 9 Mar 2017 9:03 AM
Cool, so it's almost a game now. I may consider giving it another go once it's finished.

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 9 Mar 2017 10:48 AM
If there was ever a game that didn't need land vehicles (or base building, for that matter), it's No Man's Sky.
Hello Games made something deep, unique, thought-provoking, artful, insightful, and now they're chipping away at that to make it more of a "game". Can't say I blame them, being a tiny studio in the face of ridiculous backlash, but it's always disappointing to see something with as much depth and vision as NMS caving to populist demands.

No Man's Sky was something really special at launch, and it's turning into a generic sci-fi shooter in a whole sea of generic sci-fi shooters...

Posted by dsinnz
On Thursday 9 Mar 2017 12:43 PM
I wonder if the game was released now, with the all the updates at launch, if it would have been better received by critics?

Posted by Mockstar
On Friday 10 Mar 2017 12:16 PM
Pathfinder Update gives you a vehicle called the Nomad.... Where have I heard those names before?

Posted by kiwibadboy
On Saturday 11 Mar 2017 1:01 PM
Still thinking about getting this game, but all the bad publicity has been a big deterrent lol

Posted by shadowshaded
On Saturday 11 Mar 2017 4:13 PM
This game needs a sense of direction and completing objectives.