Nintendo Reveals Download Sizes for Switch Games

Nintendo Reveals Download Sizes for Switch Games

If you’re considering digital purchases on Nintendo’s upcoming console the Switch, the Japanese company have revealed the download sizes for several titles. Here’s what to expect, as listed on Nintendo’s official website (via IGN).

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 13.4 GB
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 7 GB
  • Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together! - 1.60 GB
  • Disgaea 5 - 5.92 GB
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - 1.09 GB
  • I Am Setsuna - 1.40 GB
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I·II - 32 GB
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition - 5 GB

Note that the Switch has an internal memory of 32GB – a portion of which is taken up by the Switch OS. Nintendo notes that titles like Dragon Quest Heroes will require a separate SD card to install it. Physical games won’t require an install.

The Nintendo Switch is set to release on March 3.

Posted by Bunnny
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 2:30 PM
Physical games wont require and install?

Thats nice, I forgot those days... haha

Posted by ericaf95
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 2:34 PM
It seems ill-advised to me to drop a console with a game that will take up the entire HDD -- more if you consider the OS.

Posted by guido
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 3:01 PM
If only Nintendo could use their buying power to secure a load SD cards at a great price and pass those savings onto their loyal customers. After all you are mostly buying space to fill with games you might buy off their store??!
Sadly their "official" cards are apparently overpriced and seem to only come in 16 & 32GB sizes which sounds too small to be of any real use. Checking pricespy.co.nz you can get 64GB cards for about $30 and 128GB for under $70 which is great but Nintendo could make storage available to their fans for a fraction of that cost.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 3:17 PM
It's expected that some games are going to be big but to have any that won't fit on the console you've made to me just makes it seem that they don't take digital formats seriously.

Posted by LukeB
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 3:57 PM
Nintendo just need to implement a game tracking/reward system similar to Achievements/Trophies now, and I might be willing to begin thinking about picking one up.... when the price begins to hit the 300s... maybe.

Posted by TenguNZ
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 6:21 PM
Wish their was a HDD installed. SD cards are still pricey and capacity not great. Won't be buying much in the way of digital downloads.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 7:22 PM
21 February 2017, 06:21 PM Reply to TenguNZ
I imagine it's because hdd have moving parts and that wouldn't be so good in portable mode. Makes sense to me.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 7:24 PM
21 February 2017, 07:22 PM Reply to AdamC
Edit: I would like it if they managed to have a hdd in the dock, but you could move games to the SD card to take them with you. That would have been great.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 7:34 PM
I don't mind the use of flash memory it's getting cheaper and cheaper for large sizes. Saw 128 gigs down to $80 recently you just can't compare the prices with a regular hard drive.

I also agree a hard drive option for the dock would be great. I fully stand by my initial comment though all games should be compatible with the base unit size wise.

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 11:44 AM
People complaining about storage but are forgetting that the original PS Vita had no internal storage and the updated models had max 1GB of internal storage. And to add more to the woe, if you wanted to add more storage you couldn't simply use an industry standard option, you had to buy one of their own proprietary memory cards which cost triple or even 4 times the cost of an SD card mini with the same storage capacity.
Nintendo has made all the right decisions regarding storage and left the options in the users hands. It's definitely better than being money hungry and forcing those who want an increase in storage to buy their own overpriced storage cards like Sony did. No one cares what Sony does though because cream floats to the top, right.