Final Fantasy 15 Gets Higher Framerate Patch on PS4 Pro

Final Fantasy 15 Gets Higher Framerate Patch on PS4 Pro

Square Enix have released a new patch for their hit RPG Final Fantasy XV. The update brings with it PlayStation 4 Pro functionality, increasing the framerate – but as Digital Foundry found out, the game now sits somewhere around an unstable 45fps. What’s more, this update has removed the ability to play the game at a consistent 30fps.

If you’re not technically minded though, the patch does deliver some new content for all users. Timed Quests are now available, and can be accessed through the in-game menu screen. As Eurogamer reports, the first mission has you take on 100 Cactuars and Slactuars.

The level cap has been raised from 99 to 120, and your camera can now store 200 shots – meaning more photo opportunities for Prompto. Further, you can listen to your collected tracks while riding Chocobos now.

For a rundown on Final Fantasy XV’s planned DLC – including release dates and windows – head over here.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 8:47 AM
Still struggling to get 60 fps i see? Consoles really are awful.

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 9:22 AM
21 February 2017, 08:47 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Still struggling to get 60 fps i see? Consoles really are awful.
Don't be a d*ck.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 9:27 AM
Anyway. Patch was just over 2gb for those that want to know.
Great patch.. definitely adds to the end game with the level cap raise, and level 99 to 100 is over 1 million xp so at least it gives you continuous progression for awhile (unless you want to be one of those crazies that have a sole mission to grind it all out in one sitting). Cool they are adding in more end game things like the carnival and timed events esp for free. Great support overall. Look forward to Episode 1 Glad and what they fix up in Ch 13.

Posted by Bank
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 9:57 AM
I seriously seriously question their decision on this non-constant 30fps business.
I don't understand, why.

Happy I get to keep my constant 30 on vanilla. Unstable 60fps is not worth the upgrade.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 11:16 AM
21 February 2017, 09:22 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Don't be a d*ck.
Im not, 60 fps and under give a lot of people motion sickness, i guess if they did get motion sickness they wouldn't play on console much? hmm. and of course 60 makes the experience better but whatever.

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 11:22 AM
21 February 2017, 09:22 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Don't be a d*ck.
But i mean f**k getting a better experience, screw expecting a better service from a company! I love Sony to tell me what i want.

for example EA Access and i quote "isn't good enough for our users" because your overlord says so.

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 11:24 AM
21 February 2017, 09:22 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Don't be a d*ck.
Im curious, can you change your PS account name yet, and if so how much does it cost?

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 12:27 PM
oi undead ur posts make ur look like a right dong tbhh

Posted by ericaf95
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 2:18 PM
21 February 2017, 11:16 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
I tried googling it and found concerns of motion sickness were more common with 60fps, not that I could find any academic sources to back this up. Making blanket comments about an entire type of gaming makes you look like a bit of a tosser, though.

Anyway, this update is definitely going to extend my play time with this game. I've already clocked a good 20 hours just doing hunts. Defnitely not finishing it before Horizon Zero Dawn comes out.

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 2:36 PM
21 February 2017, 12:27 PM Reply to Syn-Ryn
oi undead ur posts make ur look like a right dong tbhh
I liked this comment. If i could edit on this website it would only be one stupid comment, what is this 2017?

Posted by Paorio
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 7:40 PM
21 February 2017, 08:47 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Still struggling to get 60 fps i see? Consoles really are awful.
This was the first thing I expected to see in the comments, he loves his pc gaming but for some reason keeps on commenting on console exclusives pages

Posted by Paorio
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 7:41 PM
21 February 2017, 11:16 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
You don't give a sh*t about other people getting motion sickness

On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 9:01 PM
21 February 2017, 07:40 PM Reply to Paorio
It's been basically confirmed to come to pc with more features to that's irrelevant.

Posted by Paorio
On Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 10:14 PM
21 February 2017, 09:01 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
did any of the title hint to being very informative on the pc version?

On Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 12:26 AM
21 February 2017, 10:14 PM Reply to Paorio
did any of the title hint to being very informative on the pc version?
I never said this confirmed it :D

On Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 11:05 AM
21 February 2017, 11:16 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
You're not being a d*ck coming on a post like this and stating consoles really are awful, insulting most of the people on this site who choose and have preference to console. There are reasons beyond what YOU want or understand for why people choose console. I have PC and console and can list if you really want what the good and bad points are for both, but why ultimately I prefer console.
As to motion sickness, what are you even on about lol You're just making things up now. Give me some references and sources to that, I found nothing.
I know basically all console games will fall between 20-60fps, most locked at 30fps, but you're basically saying "alot of people" playing console now and last gens are getting motion sickness from it? Never ever have I heard or read such nonsense. The only thing that I've heard/read or seen in friends giving motion sickness in the last 25 years that Ive been gaming is: First person bobbing motion , and VR. Maybe you're so used to 60+ fps that dropping down to the beautiful cinematic motion blur of 30fps is causing you some sensory mismatch lol :P that actually would be a great research point Id love to test tbh.

Posted by kiwiatlarge
On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 1:10 AM
You know the one thing I don't understand... how in the blue hell does one get downvoted so much over the period of a year or two, and still manage a one-star silver badge... I've been here a decade or so, and still haven't reached gold!

On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 1:51 AM
22 February 2017, 11:05 AM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
It's fine if people want to play consoles, but they should want, no... expect better. i guess console users don't want a better experience hmm?

On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 1:53 AM
23 February 2017, 01:10 AM Reply to kiwiatlarge
I doubt downvotes count for anything, it's probably based on how much you are "involved" with the website, Remember this is a website where you can't edit or delete text so it's not out of the ordinary that commenting more ranks you up.

Gold star for participation and all that!

Posted by ericaf95
On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 8:36 AM
23 February 2017, 01:51 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
If you don't like console gaming, how about you don't engage with console-related articles? You don't need to go out of your way to antagonize people.

On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 8:48 AM
23 February 2017, 01:51 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
In what way am I not getting a good experience? I get all the best exclusives imo, on cheap hardware that I don't need to upgrade parts or drivers for 5-8 years that have games specifically made for it.
Obviously they are restricted by hardware for balancing fps and graphics, no different to a PC.s but obviously you get to make those decisions and not some Dev, but hey I'm ok with that because I trust them to find a happy middle ground for that.
As I said before I could give the good and bad on both incl steam, paying for online, hardware cost, game selection etc but I'd fill this page with an essay.
So in what way do u have this weird idea that people like myself aren't getting a better experience. If all you're going to bring to the table is 60fps minimum like u constantly do then don't bother,

On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 2:38 PM
23 February 2017, 08:36 AM Reply to ericaf95
Lol i have 3 consoles. It's mainly because i know how much i was getting screwed over.

Posted by kiwiatlarge
On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 4:42 PM
23 February 2017, 01:53 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy

Gold star for participation and all that!
Actually, that is a good point. I have a vague recollection that they took the downvote negatively effecting your profile "score" out a few years back..

On Thursday 23 Feb 2017 8:29 PM
23 February 2017, 08:36 AM Reply to ericaf95
But console gaming and pc gaming affects eachother.