Fan Gets Switch Early, Shows off System Features

Fan Gets Switch Early, Shows off System Features

While the Switch isn’t set to hit stores until March 3, one lucky fan managed to get his hands on Nintendo’s latest console. In the video below, he shows off the setup process, and walks through some of the system’s user interface.

NeoGAF user hiphoptherobot managed to get the system from an “unnamed store,” which shipped him an early unit.

The Nintendo Switch is set to launch on March 3. The system is said to marry the portable and home gaming markets, by letting users undock the system and take it with them on the go. A number of games are prepped for launch day, including The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Source: Kotaku

On Friday 17 Feb 2017 5:45 PM
Basic stuff.

Posted by toner
On Friday 17 Feb 2017 6:47 PM
Nintendo is really dropping the ball: This is a video that Nintendo should be publishing themselves, with someone like Miyamoto or Reggie playing around and showing off the UI.

Instead, we get first glimpse into the UI via a phone video uploaded to NeoGAF.

Posted by AdamC
On Friday 17 Feb 2017 7:04 PM
I dont get the fuss to be honest. I have never once considered the UI when thinking about a console. All a bad UI means to me is that you need to spend 5-10 mins learning where things are. Not that big a deal.
I would be curious to see what console people think has the worst UI though. of any gen

Posted by ptys
On Friday 17 Feb 2017 8:32 PM
I'll buy one... in two years as there are plenty of Wii U games I still haven't touched.

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 17 Feb 2017 9:59 PM
17 February 2017, 07:04 PM Reply to AdamC
PS2 has best UI

xBOOZEMONEYx
Posted by xBOOZEMONEYx
On Saturday 18 Feb 2017 4:58 AM
Will definitely pick one up just not in the 1st year. The only games as of now I want to play are the Nintendo classics. AKA Zelda, Mario Kart, and Mario. Not worth it to me yet. Bring some Metroid!!!

Posted by koyukon
On Saturday 18 Feb 2017 8:51 AM
That has arroused some interest in me. I'll wait for reviews

On Sunday 19 Feb 2017 12:46 AM
17 February 2017, 09:59 PM Reply to Paorio
PS2 has best UI
I liked the Ui that you just put a disc in and played, consoles don't have that simplicity anymore.

Posted by Paorio
On Sunday 19 Feb 2017 3:55 PM
19 February 2017, 12:46 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Yeah both unfortunately and fortunately, dependant on the buyer

KatalystaKaos
Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Monday 20 Feb 2017 12:20 PM
:( Was really hoping to see something there that would give me hope Achievements/Trophies hadn't been overlooked again by Nintendo, nothing in that video would suggest any overall game progression system has been implemented.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Monday 20 Feb 2017 9:40 PM
Should really update this article to correct it, that the console was actually stolen by employees from a distributor, not shipped early by a retailer. Just a suggestion.

Posted by Seraphim
On Saturday 25 Feb 2017 3:40 PM
they should really make videos for this type of thing themselves