Forza Horizon 3 Sells 2.5M Copies, Entire Series Passes $1BN in Retail Sales

Forza Horizon 3 Sells 2.5M Copies, Entire Series Passes $1BN in Retail Sales

Forza – the Microsoft-owned racing series, which releases annually – has hit a new financial milestone, developer Turn 10 Studios announced today. By the end of 2016, the long-standing franchise has pulled in over $1 billion USD in retail sales.

That impressive figure joins another one; Forza Horizon 3 – the latest entry, which takes players to the Australian outback – has sold 2.5 million units. According to the NPD Group (via Polygon), that figure helped maintain Forza’s spot as the best-selling racing franchise this generation.

“Since the beginning, Forza has combined stunning graphics, racing’s leading simulation engine, and an emphasis on fun and accessibility,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox. “With the Forza series, Turn 10 Studios has built the world’s largest racing community. We couldn’t be more proud of their success.”

According to Turn 10’s studio head Alan Hartman, more than 14 million people were “involved in the Forza community” on Xbox One and Windows 10 during 2016. He also claims that over three million players were online each month.

Forza Horizon 3 released in September 2016 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Reviewer Tony Hsiang praised the game’s progression systems, and the lush Australian outback that players get to explore.

Posted by mvon007
On Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 4:10 PM
Great that they can announce that but can't tell us what is in the expansion pass we've already paid for. Sadly it doesn't sound like they're in any need to value their customers.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 4:46 PM
Not a surprise really but mvon has a point.... I really enjoy the Forza series of games but I'm usually 6-12 behind on buying the games when released.

On Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 6:29 PM
I want to know how many players were on the windows 10 app, i don't hear about anybody using it.

Posted by trun39
On Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 9:08 PM
That is quite an achievement. If I had an xbox I would love to try these games out, they look stunning :)

On Wednesday 15 Feb 2017 12:01 AM
14 February 2017, 09:08 PM Reply to trun39
or play on pc.

prijorurub444
Posted by prijorurub444
On Wednesday 15 Feb 2017 5:06 AM
15 February 2017, 12:01 AM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
or play on pc.
Most of us want to have good income but dont know how to do that on Internet there are a lot of methods to earn huge sum, but whenever Buddies try that they get trapped in a scam/fraud so I thought to share with you a genuine and guaranteed method for free to earn huge sum of money at home anyone of you interested should visit the page. I am more than sure that you will get best result.<br>
Best Of Luck for new Initiative!

••••••••••••► http://www.centerpay70.com

✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Wednesday 15 Feb 2017 8:17 AM
14 February 2017, 06:29 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
I purchased FH3 via the Windows Store but the game was so poorly optimised that I had to take up the Play Anywhere feature and play it on Xbox One. I am assuming that it wasn't optimised as it ran terribly on my GTX 980 - so I don't believe my PC was the issue.

Anyone else have this experience on PC? Of course I haven't touched it on PC since release so could possibly be better now.

Posted by Tin-Automaton
On Wednesday 15 Feb 2017 9:45 AM
15 February 2017, 08:17 AM Reply to ChimeraNZ

It's my understanding that they've fixed it up a bit. I was actually considering dropping some cash on it this weekend. If I pick it up, I'll let you know. :D